Stock vs. PIAA Xtreme White Plus vs. PIAA Intense White vs. HID Comparisons
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stock vs. PIAA Xtreme White Plus vs. PIAA Intense White vs. HID Comparisons

Nooblets

Stock vs. PIAA Xtreme White Plus vs. PIAA Intense White vs. HID Comparisons

The reason I'm making this comparison is because not much people choose their headlights for visibility. It's more for looks. In my case, I'm more focused on visibility over looks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pictures(Low Beam)
    Stock:
    Stock vs. PIAA Xtreme White Plus vs. PIAA Intense White vs. HID Comparisons-sam_0067.jpg
    PIAA Xtreme White Plus(4000k):
    Stock vs. PIAA Xtreme White Plus vs. PIAA Intense White vs. HID Comparisons-sam_0068.jpg
    PIAA Intense White(4100k):
    Stock vs. PIAA Xtreme White Plus vs. PIAA Intense White vs. HID Comparisons-sam_0066.jpg
    HID 4300K:
    Stock vs. PIAA Xtreme White Plus vs. PIAA Intense White vs. HID Comparisons-sam_0094.jpg

It's obvious how stock is inferior to the PIAA halogens. The PIAA gives a wider view and also better pattern. The 4000k gives slightly more distance based on looking at my neighbor's car. The 4000k shines over their side view mirrors. The 4000k looks whiter than the 4100k, but the 4100k is definitely brighter.

Will add HID's later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Videos
    There will be two videos for each type. Both scenes will have the same path, just going the other direction. I'm not going to include the Intense White Plus unless you really want me to. They're going to be about the same.

Scene 1:

Stock Halogen(Please seek this video to 7 seconds first, then press play on both.) :

PIAA Xtreme White Plus (4000k):

HID 4300K:

Scene 2:
    Stock Halogen(Please seek this video to 8 seconds first, then press play on both.):

PIAA Xtreme White Plus:

HID 4300K:

Video with HID's will be added soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drive by videos:
    This is to compare between halogen's and HID's glare. The view will be seen in the point of view from another car. Since I saw somebody say that the 2012 Civics have a decent cutoff. We shall see.
    PIAA Xtreme White Plus(4000K):

HID Coming Soon. You can compare to this one for now:

For now, take in what I have, which isn't much. I'll write more about them when I can.

Pictures(Fog Lights)
    I'm going to be comparing between the Nokya 2500K and PIAA 2500K and 3000k HID's
    Last edited by cheneric; 11-02-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    delsoldon and KDiggityDog76 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

What bulb size is the low and fog. The bulb seem very good. Im interested in getting one Myself

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by lamzoq View Post
    What bulb size is the low and fog. The bulb seem very good. Im interested in getting one Myself

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    I don't have any fogs. Yet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Thanks for the thread man, have fun on LOL
    2012 SOP Si Coupe

Excellent thread; thanks for the useful information, it helped confirm my decision to install the PIAA Extreme White Plus bulbs in both our 2012 Civics. After coming from a Mini and S2000 with HID headlights, the stock Civic bulbs just did not cut it with the number of night time or twilight critters on the roads near our home. I am VERY happy with the new PIAA bulbs; slightly whiter light and MUCH better visibility.... Well worth the cost.
    RitcheyRch likes this.

I'm impressed you changed the bulbs that fast. It's like an engine rebuild! Nice thread.
    12 si coupe with following mods: HFP aero kit,HFP suspension,HFP floor mats,Eibach sways front and back,Megan Racing front,middle and rear frame braces,SS brake lines all around and SS clutch line,Powder coated gloss black si rims,Michelin sport A3 tires,Billet pro short shifter with bushings and cable bushings,moddication SS shift knob,Alpine INE-S920 nav head unit with xm,Polk pa 660 4 channel amp,Polk db tweeters,Polk Dxi-650 front and back,2 Polk Dxi 10 inch subs,each ran by a alpine 500 watt mono amp set to 300 watts at 4 ohms,sound ordnance sealed box at .67 per 10 inch.alpine rear cam,passport 9500ix perm mount radar detector.Magna flow exhaust cat back,tint 35 fronts,20 rear.k&n drop in,silver star ultras in all 3 lights.Future mods,password jdm tow hook,front strut tower,rear strut brace,maybe getting alpine digital 4 channel 100 rms x4 amp to swap for the Polk.and complete new brakes when Baer releases them. Kitchen Sink.

huh, i bought Intense white from the accessory catalog at work (it didnt give the 4100k info), good to know i ended up with the brighter ones by guessing, i love my PIAAs. Great write up, very useful to anyone not wanting HIDs but better visibility

you mentioned getting fog-lights, maybe do a Nokya yellow / PIAA plasma ion yellow comparison? i love my PIAA yellows but i feel as tho i should have cheaped out and got Nokya, maybe ill do a comparison
    K24z7 Crew Member #202
    Hidden Content Proud "Owner" of a 2012 Civic SI Coupe as of September 30th 2012Hidden Content
    Traded in my 2012 Civic EX-SR
    Hidden Content Previous Owner of a 2004 Chev Cavalier Z24 sold as of December 19th 2011Hidden Content

I'm glad to see you followed through and made this thread... I think it is an excellent resource.
    K24Z7 Crew #12
    Northeast Crew #4

Yeah nice thread man, nice to see people posting useful stuff
    K24Z7 crew member #444Hidden Content

2012 SOP Si sedan w/navi-Current DD
    1997 Classic Red Mazda Miata-Project/other DD
    95 Civic EX coupe Championship White-SoldHidden Content

Function > Form
    Hidden Content
    Nice > RiceHidden Content

Wow, I forgot how dim the stock headlights were....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)