Spyder fog lights???
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ims0ny
  • 1 Post By ims0ny

Thread: Spyder fog lights???

Spyder fog lights???

Im looking to get foglights Does anyone have a opinion on the spyder clear Oem fog lights from carid?
    Last edited by ims0ny; 01-28-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    Digger likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I think you have to do some changes to wiring or something like that. There is a thread about it somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Try searching here and see what comes up.
    Twitter: @FrankBertelle
    Instagram: @FrankBertelle

'12 CBP LX Coupe.

FG3 Squad #14
    R18 Crew Member #1631
    9th Gen Northeast Crew #14
    9th Gen NYC Crew #14
    9th Civic Long Island Crew #2

Quote Originally Posted by dpzlilfrank14 View Post
    I think you have to do some changes to wiring or something like that. There is a thread about it somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Try searching here and see what comes up.
    I was actually wondering if anyone received any issues with them because some lenses start bubbling up after a while because of the heat they put of.
    Digger likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Maybe contact CarId and ask for feedback, warranty, etc

Hidden Content
    '12 TW EX SEDAN

Click on Following Links for Help:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ims0ny View Post
    I was actually wondering if anyone received any issues with them because some lenses start bubbling up after a while because of the heat they put of.
    Hey Man.. I was considering to buy those fog lights too.. You settle this with CarID?

Quote Originally Posted by mrrazo View Post
    Hey Man.. I was considering to buy those fog lights too.. You settle this with CarID?
    Na man i went with chh because i decided i wanted that original look with the switch

Greenhorn
    I'm searching for answers too! I just bought the Spyder fog light kit and it doesn't come with that turn signal switch thing that you have to swap out like in the College Hills Honda video on YouTube. Instead, it comes with the button that fits next to the traction control button just above the change hole on the left. What the hell am I supposed to do? I am not gonna pay some dude $300 to install them for me that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDANG View Post
    I'm searching for answers too! I just bought the Spyder fog light kit and it doesn't come with that turn signal switch thing that you have to swap out like in the College Hills Honda video on YouTube. Instead, it comes with the button that fits next to the traction control button just above the change hole on the left. What the hell am I supposed to do? I am not gonna pay some dude $300 to install them for me that's for sure.
    So install it in the blank space above your change hole....?
    Last edited by Erkon; 10-23-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Greenhorn
    So how do you install the fog lights from Spyder? It has two T-taps that is red and black that I have no idea where it connects to.

Greenhorn
    For me the easiest thing to do was cut the wire taps off and connect both black wires to the negative terminal of the battery and the red wire that comes from the fuse connect that one to the positive terminal. The other wire that comes from the fog light switch cut the tap off that also and put it inside a fuse thats inside the car (under driver side dash). I used the 7.5w fuse, I think it was the little lights so the fogs only come on with lights corner lights. But you can hook it up to any fuse really that gets power

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)