Need Help Passing Inspection CT SC'd Catless - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need Help Passing Inspection CT SC'd Catless

Quote Originally Posted by 9thgenBae View Post
    Damn so i am pretty much screwed unless i can find a shop that doesnt care or doesnt realize the 2 checks are incomplete. And by what youre saying, even getting a catted downpipe installed will not help me at all due to aftermarket MAP and the tuning correct? Its getting to the point where i wish i could just swap the downpipe and pass. I really dont want to go back to NA just to pass
    If you can get the 02 sensors to work with a catted downpipe then you should be ok.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 9thgenBae View Post
    Damn so i am pretty much screwed unless i can find a shop that doesnt care or doesnt realize the 2 checks are incomplete. And by what youre saying, even getting a catted downpipe installed will not help me at all due to aftermarket MAP and the tuning correct? Its getting to the point where i wish i could just swap the downpipe and pass. I really dont want to go back to NA just to pass
    Hey, if you can find a shop that plays loose like that more power to you.

But yes, having a cat really only helps you if you have to pass a sniffer test (and obviously it helps with not throwing secondary o2 codes).

Good luck to you and let this be a cautionary tale for anyone else living in an emissions area. Consider these issues in advance, rather than waiting until the last minute!
    2013 RR Si Sedan - Modified RSX/8th gen CT-E supercharger and 2.25" IMT aftercooler

Quote Originally Posted by BWill9886 View Post
    Anyone attempting this should be VERY careful and be ready to have flashpro open to check all your vitals. Having the supercharger still on there throws off airflow the engine is expecting to see. Especially if you have an aftercooler. You do not need to mess with the fuel pump though. Works 100% fine in a stock car given how the fuel system works.
    I may be wrong, but I assumed that the supercharger essentially becomes an intake manifold if it's always in bypass mode. The engine should be able to adjust to any difference in air cubic volume change, due to the difference in it versus the stock intake manifold. I've heard multiple people doing this safely, in order to get inspected.

Now, I do agree that first startup, I would be watching with flashpro and a laptop. lol.... I'm paranoid about my Si! Love the thing way too damn much.
    K24Z7 CREW # 61719 (2012 Taffy Si Coupe)
    CTE supercharger w/3.6", stock belt
    DW 750CC injectors w/PNP clips.
    Vit Tuned with Flashpro
    AEM CAI
    Ceramic coated RV6 catted DP
    Hasport 62A RMM and Upper mount
    Enkei RPF1's 17x9 + 45 (3mm front spacers)
    Continental Extreme Contact Sport Summer tires 245/40-17
    Hybrid Racing shifter and cable bushings
    Buddy Club Sport Spec Coilovers

14' OEM 20mm Rear Sway Bar
    Ultra Racing 3 point Trunk Brace
    FKX Racing Rear Strut bar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)