Need Help Passing Inspection CT SC'd Catless
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

    Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need Help Passing Inspection CT SC'd Catless

  1. #1
    Nooblets
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    44

    Need Help Passing Inspection CT SC'd Catless

    Hey guys so im sure many of you have been in the same situation now that our cars factory inspections are expired. So I currently am CT Supercharged with Catless exhaust, tuned by Vit, and have 2 of my monitors incomplete, O2 Sensor monitoring and catalyst. So i know this is to be expected lol i have tried reenabling the secondary o2 sensor with a defouler and am getting p1039 DTC, which is o2 sensor slow response. Now from what ive gathered online, most people catless have been going back to stock tune to pass, but we cannot do that being forced induction. So I am curious to know what have you other FI guys been doing for your inspections. I am 6 months over due for inspection and could use some help lmao any help is greatly appreciated

  2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    One Bad Mama Jama!!! BWill9886's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    394
    Without tuning know-how? Taking it completely back to stock. Seriously.

    Even with the ability to play around with the ECU, sometimes they just don't want to play ball. You could end up taking way more time messing around with that when you could have just spent the couple hours returning it to stock and then driving it until the monitors set.

    Sorry there isn't a better answer, but this is how the game works when living in an emissions required area.
    2013 RR Si Sedan - Modified RSX/8th gen CT-E supercharger and 2.25" IMT aftercooler

  4. #3
    Big Pimping!!! dpetro1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Catonsville, MD
    Posts
    821
    I don't see you being able to get the readiness monitors set without at least a putting a catted downpipe on the car. Even then it can be hard as the high low cat can still trip a CEL

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Squidward likes this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Platinum Member Civi9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,837
    I think I can help, OP.

    I've heard that the easiest way to get inspection passed, is to zip-tie the bypass valve in the position that disallows the supercharger to build boost. I don't remember if this signifies the valve being "open" or "closed". There is a way to do it, though. It essentially takes the supercharger out of the equation, and the engine acts as stock.

    You would need to reinstall the stock injectors as well, then flash back to stock map. If you have an aftermarket fuel pump, that might have to be adjusted some how. You can drive safely with the downpipe, exhaust, and intake on stock map. Just don't drive crazy.

    As mentioned by Bwill, drive for 40-50 miles to allow readiness codes to reset, then get it inspected. Then return everything back to FI and reflash your tune.

    I initially contacted Vit about this 2 years ago. He was no help, of course. Others have said the same.
    K24Z7 CREW # 61719 (2012 Taffy Si Coupe)
    CTE supercharger w/3.6", stock belt
    DW 750CC injectors w/PNP clips.
    Vit Tuned with Flashpro
    AEM CAI
    Ceramic coated RV6 catted DP
    Hasport 62A RMM and Upper mount
    Enkei RPF1's 17x9 + 45 (3mm front spacers)
    Continental Extreme Contact Sport Summer tires 245/40-17
    Hybrid Racing shifter and cable bushings
    Buddy Club Sport Spec Coilovers

    14' OEM 20mm Rear Sway Bar
    Ultra Racing 3 point Trunk Brace
    FKX Racing Rear Strut bar

  7. #5
    Nooblets
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Civi9 View Post
    I think I can help, OP.

    I've heard that the easiest way to get inspection passed, is to zip-tie the bypass valve in the position that disallows the supercharger to build boost. I don't remember if this signifies the valve being "open" or "closed". There is a way to do it, though. It essentially takes the supercharger out of the equation, and the engine acts as stock.

    You would need to reinstall the stock injectors as well, then flash back to stock map. If you have an aftermarket fuel pump, that might have to be adjusted some how. You can drive safely with the downpipe, exhaust, and intake on stock map. Just don't drive crazy.

    As mentioned by Bwill, drive for 40-50 miles to allow readiness codes to reset, then get it inspected. Then return everything back to FI and reflash your tune.

    I initially contacted Vit about this 2 years ago. He was no help, of course. Others have said the same.
    Thats a pretty good idea if its legit, sounds a bit sketch lol i dont have the stock injectors but i could easily get them and the install is simple. I might just try this , thank you.

    I dont have the link but i found a thread somewhere suggesting that CEL from defouler has to do with having rev hang disabled in our custom tunes. Can anybody confirm this? I did notice rev hang being a checkbox in the calibration settings on my tune and am going to try this. Right now i am pulling a p1039 DTC with the o2 enabled which i found one thread saying this common when using a defouler on tuned cars. As for Vit, yeah sounds like Vit lol i just cant believe theres no way to force readiness on the ecu with flashpro, im almost certain other car's tuning solutions allow them to force it.

  8. #6
    Nooblets
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    I don't see you being able to get the readiness monitors set without at least a putting a catted downpipe on the car. Even then it can be hard as the high low cat can still trip a CEL

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    yeah i have been considering getting a catted downpipe and trying it out but am afriad of wasting the money if it still throws a code you know

  9. #7
    Big Timer!!! 9thgensifamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thgenBae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    I don't see you being able to get the readiness monitors set without at least a putting a catted downpipe on the car. Even then it can be hard as the high low cat can still trip a CEL

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    yeah i have been considering getting a catted downpipe and trying it out but am afriad of wasting the money if it still throws a code you know
    My catted RV6 came with a defouler, and it never threw a code. Completely stock tune too.

  10. #8
    Platinum Member Civi9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,837
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thgenBae View Post
    yeah i have been considering getting a catted downpipe and trying it out but am afriad of wasting the money if it still throws a code you know
    I have the catted version of the RV6. The cat has nothing to do with readiness codes(for this application). It also has a defouler installed, sold by RV6. I still failed due to 2 readiness codes not resetting.
    K24Z7 CREW # 61719 (2012 Taffy Si Coupe)
    CTE supercharger w/3.6", stock belt
    DW 750CC injectors w/PNP clips.
    Vit Tuned with Flashpro
    AEM CAI
    Ceramic coated RV6 catted DP
    Hasport 62A RMM and Upper mount
    Enkei RPF1's 17x9 + 45 (3mm front spacers)
    Continental Extreme Contact Sport Summer tires 245/40-17
    Hybrid Racing shifter and cable bushings
    Buddy Club Sport Spec Coilovers

    14' OEM 20mm Rear Sway Bar
    Ultra Racing 3 point Trunk Brace
    FKX Racing Rear Strut bar

  11. #9
    One Bad Mama Jama!!! BWill9886's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    394
    My first post refers to tuning because getting your secondary o2 sensor to work with an aftermarket map that's not compensating for it is just not going to happen. Your AFRs will be everywhere.

    You basically have to either go back to stock or figure out how to compensate for that inaccurate o2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Civi9 View Post
    I think I can help, OP.

    I've heard that the easiest way to get inspection passed, is to zip-tie the bypass valve in the position that disallows the supercharger to build boost. I don't remember if this signifies the valve being "open" or "closed". There is a way to do it, though. It essentially takes the supercharger out of the equation, and the engine acts as stock.

    You would need to reinstall the stock injectors as well, then flash back to stock map. If you have an aftermarket fuel pump, that might have to be adjusted some how. You can drive safely with the downpipe, exhaust, and intake on stock map. Just don't drive crazy.

    As mentioned by Bwill, drive for 40-50 miles to allow readiness codes to reset, then get it inspected. Then return everything back to FI and reflash your tune.

    I initially contacted Vit about this 2 years ago. He was no help, of course. Others have said the same.
    Anyone attempting this should be VERY careful and be ready to have flashpro open to check all your vitals. Having the supercharger still on there throws off airflow the engine is expecting to see. Especially if you have an aftercooler. You do not need to mess with the fuel pump though. Works 100% fine in a stock car given how the fuel system works.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9thgenBae View Post
    As for Vit, yeah sounds like Vit lol i just cant believe theres no way to force readiness on the ecu with flashpro, im almost certain other car's tuning solutions allow them to force it.
    Some do, it depends on the ECU and how much the company designing the interface can interpret.
    Last edited by BWill9886; 04-18-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    2013 RR Si Sedan - Modified RSX/8th gen CT-E supercharger and 2.25" IMT aftercooler

  12. #10
    Nooblets
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by BWill9886 View Post
    My first post refers to tuning because getting your secondary o2 sensor to work with an aftermarket map that's not compensating for it is just not going to happen. Your AFRs will be everywhere.

    You basically have to either go back to stock or figure out how to compensate for that inaccurate o2.



    Anyone attempting this should be VERY careful and be ready to have flashpro open to check all your vitals. Having the supercharger still on there throws off airflow the engine is expecting to see. Especially if you have an aftercooler. You do not need to mess with the fuel pump though. Works 100% fine in a stock car given how the fuel system works.



    Some do, it depends on the ECU and how much the company designing the interface can interpret.
    Damn so i am pretty much screwed unless i can find a shop that doesnt care or doesnt realize the 2 checks are incomplete. And by what youre saying, even getting a catted downpipe installed will not help me at all due to aftermarket MAP and the tuning correct? Its getting to the point where i wish i could just swap the downpipe and pass. I really dont want to go back to NA just to pass

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Similar Threads

  1. passing emissions inspection
    By bumpingblack13si in forum ECU Tuning
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-13-2017, 12:17 PM
  2. best cai for ct sc
    By bumpingblack13si in forum Forced Induction And Nitrous
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-19-2014, 10:34 AM
  3. Passing NYS inspection
    By x0 R3lApSe in forum North-East
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2