Turbo K24Z7 swapped into my Porsche 911
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Tuning by Nick
  • 1 Post By 9thgensifamily

Thread: Turbo K24Z7 swapped into my Porsche 911

Greenhorn

Turbo K24Z7 swapped into my Porsche 911

Yep - I am taking a K24Z7 adding a customer turbo kit and swapping it into my 2006 Porsche 911

I have my reasons for doing this project and i am sure it will be met with mixed reviews, but I wanted to share the progress so far and figured this would be a good place to start

If youre interested in checking it out, ive been documenting it on my YouTube channel

My intention was to share the YouTube link here, but i apparently i will need to make more posts to be able to do this

In the meantime, if you are interested in checking out the progress so far - Please search "Tuning by Nick" on YouTube

So far i have 4 videos on this project

- Baseline dyno of the stock Porsche
    - Intro to the project - Porsche engine removal
    - Test fitting the K24
    - K24 engine fits in the Porsche

If the the project is well received i'll keep updating

Let me know that you think

Thanks
    TenZen and RRCoupe like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Baned
    I tried watching one of the videos and only made it 4:30 into it before I gave up. Sorry, I have a short attention span and don't have time to sit around and watch videos. What was the reason for removing the stock engine? It might have been covered in one of your videos but I only watched part of the one where you test fit the engine and then find out the oil cap touches the top of the engine bay which won't be an issue if you swap it with the RDX.

Quote Originally Posted by DWils View Post
    I tried watching one of the videos and only made it 4:30 into it before I gave up. Sorry, I have a short attention span and don't have time to sit around and watch videos. What was the reason for removing the stock engine? It might have been covered in one of your videos but I only watched part of the one where you test fit the engine and then find out the oil cap touches the top of the engine bay which won't be an issue if you swap it with the RDX.
    OP, videos are awesome, keep us updated!!! If not, I subscribed so I'll still get to watch. Already learned how so many cars crackle and pop...and now I don't worry why my car doesn't do it (boosted, and focus STs don't make me jealous now).

Dwils, you confuse me. If your not interested just ignore? Or if your interested just wait till you have YouTube time?
    Tuning by Nick likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I agree with your comments

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)