I know nothing about turbos - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know nothing about turbos

Quote Originally Posted by Dwark17 View Post
    But thing is, I plan on taking it to a shop to have it installed so ease of installation isn’t too much of an issue, I’m just wondering an estimate price and what parts I need so I could take it to a mechanic
    You should talk with said shop about their recommendation and of they are willing to take on the install. As another member said, be prepared to spend some $$ on labor if they have to end up fabbing something or sourcing parts.

The only way I see to save money on a custom kit is to buy used and DIY the install.

Keep in mind that the manifold you use will affect downpipe and intercooler fitment. This is why using a kit can be a benefit. You will at least need a "hot parts" kit to get started.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    yea, cutting corners and budgeting isn't the way to go when force inducting a car (I know from personal experience when I was younger). You gotta pay to play. Even my supercharger build has me pushing close to 8k+ right now. You have to consider all the other things too: clutch, injectors, aftermarket ECU, tune, fuel pump, fuel return system, tires, etc. It ain't cheap. A kit gives you a baseline and proven system.
    MercRacing TVS1900 S/C kit - 352whp/290wtq @ 11psi. Stock intake and catback exhaust. Only power adder is a FullRace 3" catted DP.

YouTube: Hidden Content
    InstaGram: @da_blackazn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now