The Official: Q&A for the CT-E Supercharger Kit - Page 309
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 360 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3596
Like Tree1058Likes

Thread: The Official: Q&A for the CT-E Supercharger Kit

Can anyone tell me the average IAT's are for a non aftercooled setup with a CAI?

2.95 pulley aftercooled peeps are free to respond as well!
    Last edited by Dmac; 09-14-2016 at 09:21 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    So I have been having this click noise and need some help what it can possibly be. It sounds very mechanical?
    It seems to make the noise when I give it enough load for the bypass valve to close (like 50% throttle). Makes the noise every time I give it enough load and when I let off. Never does it when I drive "normally"

you can hear it around the 3 sec mark.

I've jacked it up to see if anything was hitting and i see no signs of hitting anywhere.
    Only mods I have on the car is the full race downpipe w/ hasport rmm, upper mount and the ct charger. Anyone have any idea what it can possibly be? unless it's normal for it to make noises like this but I don't think so ..
    Last edited by boosted180sx; 09-18-2016 at 09:32 PM.
    -2003 Suzuka Blue S2000
    -2015 Taffeta White SI Sedan CT-E SC (Sold)
    -2016 Acura ILX
    -2017 Civic Type R

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    So when I was looking at the bypass valve with it in open position it has this much play. Is it suppose to have this much play in the open position?

-2003 Suzuka Blue S2000
    -2016 Acura ILX
    -2017 Civic Type R

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MoreRicePlease View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted180sx View Post
    mine is still in the same spot after ~60 miles or so. did you make sure to tighten the allen bolts and the 12 or 14mm(i forgot) on the back of the idler?
    Yup, tightened both pinch bolts and the bolt on the back. Just now me and a friend went outside to try to **** with it again. We loosened everything up, cranked the tensioner as far as it would go, pushed the idler pulley in using a box wrench, tightened everything up extra tight, and when we released the tensioner the arrow fell right where it was supposed to in the middle of the grey line. Then when I went to start the car, my friend watched as the arrow jumped back to the original spot.... I'm giving up for now.
    Don't know if you've fixed it, but the arrow doesn't really matter as long as you have the correct tension. Are you experiencing any belt slip?
    K24_SC likes this.

One Bad Mama Jama!!!

bump for possibilities? I've looked over everything numerous times and I can't seem to pinpoint where the noise is coming from. It make the noise everytime I give it enough gas for the bypass valve to close/open.
    -2003 Suzuka Blue S2000
    -2016 Acura ILX
    -2017 Civic Type R

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    have you tried contacting comptech or vit?

my cte definitely doesnt make that sound.
    2015 Civic Si Turbo Sidewinder/Hood Exit 450+ whp
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t (bolt ons, untuned)

Could it be a very minor belt slippage? As in, it slips and catches? That might make a sound only under harder throttle.
    K24Z7 CREW # 61719 (2012 Taffy Si Coupe)
    CTE supercharger w/3.6", stock belt
    DW 750CC injectors w/PNP clips.
    Vit Tuned with Flashpro
    AEM CAI
    Ceramic coated RV6 catted DP
    Hasport 62A RMM and Upper mount
    Enkei RPF1's 17x9 + 45 (3mm front spacers)
    Continental Extreme Contact Sport Summer tires 245/40-17
    Hybrid Racing shifter and cable bushings
    Buddy Club Sport Spec Coilovers

14' OEM 20mm Rear Sway Bar
    Ultra Racing 3 point Trunk Brace
    FKX Racing Rear Strut bar

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by slee0730 View Post
    have you tried contacting comptech or vit?

my cte definitely doesnt make that sound.
    I haven't asked Vit yet. I should actually do that now and see if he has any idea what it can be ..

I did email CT-E and Magnuson and send them videos that i took and they have no idea what the noise can be. They've told me to look over all the mounting brackets and belt tensions and stuff but the past 2 weeks that i have been trying to chase this noise, I checked EVERYWHERE, and basically almost "reinstalled" the kit again to make sure I don't have anything loose or missing. It makes absolutely no noise when I am just driving normally.
    I thought maybe the auto tensioner is making the noise cause it seems to move when the belt gets tensioned up from the bypass valve closing but some movement of the auto tensioner is normal as far as i know. i also tried holding the tensioner tight against the belt and it still made that noise so idk. The car also only has like 5000+ miles so I find it hard to believe that the auto tensioner is the problem.

I've used the stethoscope to try to pinpoint the noise but I can't hear it from anywhere. If I ignore the noise, the car will pull and hold boost all the way to redline according to datalogs that I did for Vit.

Quote Originally Posted by Civi9 View Post
    Could it be a very minor belt slippage? As in, it slips and catches? That might make a sound only under harder throttle.
    I thought that could be a possibility but theres no way for me to tighten it more cause the ct idler is already right by the 3.6" pulley and any tighter would hit the sc pulley.

Maybe I try a shorter belt? idk. maybe the auto tensioner is hitting the "stop" at the end everytime it moves when I give it throttle? idk. I've even loosened the belt cause I thought maybe the belt was on too tight but still the same thing. people don't have an issue with the 3.6" on stock belt so i doubt that is the case. I've ran out of ideas on what it can possibly be.
    -2003 Suzuka Blue S2000
    -2016 Acura ILX
    -2017 Civic Type R

I don't recall ever hearing someone talk about the SC pulley and the idler pulley being that close together. I've read through this thread 3 times over the last 2 years, and I just don't remember seeing pics or hearing about this.

Is the IMT pulley larger than the CTE one? I have the IMT pulley, and plan to use it when I finally buy the CTE. I'm also planning on 3.6" pulley, so I'm definitely in for updates.

One thing I remember hearing about is issues with having to purchase 1-3 washers to place between the IMT pulley and the engine side. I heard that people had issues with the belt not lining up correctly without the washers.
    K24Z7 CREW # 61719 (2012 Taffy Si Coupe)
    CTE supercharger w/3.6", stock belt
    DW 750CC injectors w/PNP clips.
    Vit Tuned with Flashpro
    AEM CAI
    Ceramic coated RV6 catted DP
    Hasport 62A RMM and Upper mount
    Enkei RPF1's 17x9 + 45 (3mm front spacers)
    Continental Extreme Contact Sport Summer tires 245/40-17
    Hybrid Racing shifter and cable bushings
    Buddy Club Sport Spec Coilovers

14' OEM 20mm Rear Sway Bar
    Ultra Racing 3 point Trunk Brace
    FKX Racing Rear Strut bar

Quote Originally Posted by boosted180sx View Post
    I haven't asked Vit yet. I should actually do that now and see if he has any idea what it can be ..

I did email CT-E and Magnuson and send them videos that i took and they have no idea what the noise can be. They've told me to look over all the mounting brackets and belt tensions and stuff but the past 2 weeks that i have been trying to chase this noise, I checked EVERYWHERE, and basically almost "reinstalled" the kit again to make sure I don't have anything loose or missing. It makes absolutely no noise when I am just driving normally.
    I thought maybe the auto tensioner is making the noise cause it seems to move when the belt gets tensioned up from the bypass valve closing but some movement of the auto tensioner is normal as far as i know. i also tried holding the tensioner tight against the belt and it still made that noise so idk. The car also only has like 5000+ miles so I find it hard to believe that the auto tensioner is the problem.

I've used the stethoscope to try to pinpoint the noise but I can't hear it from anywhere. If I ignore the noise, the car will pull and hold boost all the way to redline according to datalogs that I did for Vit.

I thought that could be a possibility but theres no way for me to tighten it more cause the ct idler is already right by the 3.6" pulley and any tighter would hit the sc pulley.

Maybe I try a shorter belt? idk. maybe the auto tensioner is hitting the "stop" at the end everytime it moves when I give it throttle? idk. I've even loosened the belt cause I thought maybe the belt was on too tight but still the same thing. people don't have an issue with the 3.6" on stock belt so i doubt that is the case. I've ran out of ideas on what it can possibly be.
    As Hyudru stated, don't pay attention to the arrow, to determine if you have the correct tension - look at either your boost gauge or flashpro datalog to ensure you are increasing boost up the rpm range and hitting target boost at max rpm. If your boost drops off at any point or doesn't hit max boost, tighten it up.

Your SC pulley seems extremely close to your idler pulley. Might be the angle of your pic. I'll try and find one of mine and post for comparison. I could be the main support bracket (black one from front of charger to frame) or hopefully not, but you might have play in your SC rotors or a SC gear issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Civi9 View Post
    I don't recall ever hearing someone talk about the SC pulley and the idler pulley being that close together. I've read through this thread 3 times over the last 2 years, and I just don't remember seeing pics or hearing about this.

Is the IMT pulley larger than the CTE one? I have the IMT pulley, and plan to use it when I finally buy the CTE. I'm also planning on 3.6" pulley, so I'm definitely in for updates.

One thing I remember hearing about is issues with having to purchase 1-3 washers to place between the IMT pulley and the engine side. I heard that people had issues with the belt not lining up correctly without the washers.
    If installed correctly, you don't ever need washers to have anything line up - that might cause more issues than it solves.
    2017 Accord V6 Touring Sedan in WOP
    OEM Aerokit + Sports Grille

CT-e Supercharged/ IMT Stage 2 Ver.2 Aftercooled @12psi
    VitViper tuned via Hondata Flashpro/ Hondata Traction Control

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)