The Official: Q&A for the CT-E Supercharger Kit - Page 349
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 349 of 360 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 3596
Like Tree1058Likes

Thread: The Official: Q&A for the CT-E Supercharger Kit

To be fair, that port almost always the main culprit for coolant leaks on CT blower installs. It's one of the reasons people cut off that part of the manifold (That and to lower manifold temps).

Hopefully that's the end of your troubles but I would still keep your eyes open. Good luck!
    2013 RR Si Sedan - Modified RSX/8th gen CT-E supercharger and 2.25" IMT aftercooler

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BWill9886 View Post
    To be fair, that port almost always the main culprit for coolant leaks on CT blower installs. It's one of the reasons people cut off that part of the manifold (That and to lower manifold temps).

Hopefully that's the end of your troubles but I would still keep your eyes open. Good luck!
    Wait, this is a common issue? I haven't seen any coolant leaks since installing around a year ago.

Can someone post a photo panned back a little so I can see where this is located?
    K24Z7 CREW # 61719 (2012 Taffy Si Coupe)
    CTE supercharger w/3.6", stock belt
    DW 750CC injectors w/PNP clips.
    Vit Tuned with Flashpro
    AEM CAI
    Ceramic coated RV6 catted DP
    Hasport 62A RMM and Upper mount
    Enkei RPF1's 17x9 + 45 (3mm front spacers)
    Continental Extreme Contact Sport Summer tires 245/40-17
    Hybrid Racing shifter and cable bushings
    Buddy Club Sport Spec Coilovers

14' OEM 20mm Rear Sway Bar
    Ultra Racing 3 point Trunk Brace
    FKX Racing Rear Strut bar

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by Civi9 View Post
    Wait, this is a common issue? I haven't seen any coolant leaks since installing around a year ago.

Can someone post a photo panned back a little so I can see where this is located?
    That pic is zoomed out as far as i could. Its the brass barb fitting that connects your coolant line to the intake manifold. You cant see it with eveything together. You are going to have to use a video scope or phone to get a good view of it.
    Civi9 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Civi9 View Post

That's good news, but unfortunately others haven't been so lucky. If you search around you can find others who have had the issue. Definitely some people in this thread who were big posters.

This is the coolant port for the manifold on the right side that connects to the head. I would say some of these leaks stem from people not sealing the port properly, but it's a pretty well documented issue all the same.

It's in a fairly easy spot to see so you should know if it starts happening thankfully.
    Civi9 likes this.
    2013 RR Si Sedan - Modified RSX/8th gen CT-E supercharger and 2.25" IMT aftercooler

Well.... this is my first time posting on these forums in a while, and first time in this thread. I have a 14 Si and just bought a used ctengineering kit with a 2.95 pulley and IMT aftercooler kit. This car is just a daily driver (I have a racecar in the garage) so I'm not after peak power, just want a quick summer daily. I'd really like to maintain the stock clutch and fuel pump this year so I'm probably going to buy a 3.15 pulley. When I bought the kit it did not include injectors so I'm probably going to order somne pnp 1000cc injectors from vit.

Currently my car has a Buddy Club catless downpipe, k&n intake, humble performance ported lower intake manifold, and hasport upper and lower mounts on a Vit tune....

Here's a first, I sold a PRL stage 2 GT30R turbo kit to get this weak ass supercharger kit... People will tell me I'm crazy but reliability is a huge priority with this car.
    Undroppabl3 likes this.
    RWD > FWD

Quote Originally Posted by Skilz10179 View Post
    I'd really like to maintain the stock clutch and fuel pump this year so I'm probably going to buy a 3.15 pulley.... People will tell me I'm crazy but reliability is a huge priority with this car.
    You are brave then going with a 3.15 instead of a 3.6 pulley on a stock fuel pump and clutch. Good luck!
    Skilz10179 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BWill9886 View Post
    You are brave then going with a 3.15 instead of a 3.6 pulley on a stock fuel pump and clutch. Good luck!
    I was thinking the same thing. 3.15" is calling for upgraded clutch and fuel pump.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Skilz10179 likes this.

I read all 348 pages of this thread, there were plenty of comments made from people running a 3.15 with a stock fuel pump and clutch. I know better than to expect them to last forever but I'm hoping I can get one summer out of them. The car is just a daily driver and won't ever see a drag strip so.... wish me luck!

Also, from the notes I took while reading I need a 1700mm belt for the 3.15 pulley and the IMT 2.25 aftercooler and the recommended spark plugs are NGK ILKR8E6 stock number 1422, can anyone confirm these?
    RWD > FWD

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    fuel pump is like $100 .... and super easy to replace. why not just replace it if your going to run a 3.15".

you said reliability is a huge priority so .....
    BWill9886 likes this.
    -2003 Suzuka Blue S2000
    -2015 Taffeta White SI Sedan CT-E SC (Sold)
    -2016 Acura ILX
    -2017 Civic Type R

Quote Originally Posted by Skilz10179 View Post
    I read all 348 pages of this thread, there were plenty of comments made from people running a 3.15 with a stock fuel pump and clutch. I know better than to expect them to last forever but I'm hoping I can get one summer out of them.
    How many of these were running an aftercooler and how long had they run it that way? I don't remember seeing many instances of people doing that and keeping us updated with how long that lasted. Also, people running the 3.15 without an intercooler make about the same power as the 3.6 due to even worse heatsoak so that could be a factor.

Just trying to help you avoid issues that you could take care of right away instead of dealing with it randomly down the road.
    Last edited by BWill9886; 01-29-2018 at 06:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)