The Official: Q&A for the CT-E Supercharger Kit - Page 359
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 359 of 360 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360 LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 3594
Like Tree1056Likes

Thread: The Official: Q&A for the CT-E Supercharger Kit

One Bad Mama Jama!!! Si_You_Later's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby.Kourtney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Si_You_Later View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by emondayrbmf View Post
    Has anyone increased rev limit in combination with a 2.95 pulley? I'm curious if the blower could handle both the smaller pulley with 8000+ engine speed...
    IÂ’m also very curious of this considering I want to do the same thing...
    Raising the redline to above 7500 is asking for a bent rod even without the supercharger.
    Let's say built motor wise. I wouldn't go above 7500 either. My redline currently with my blower is only 7100

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Let's assume engine is built to handle whatever power you throw at it... I was asking if the blower itself can handle it

Quote Originally Posted by emondayrbmf View Post
    Let's assume engine is built to handle whatever power you throw at it... I was asking if the blower itself can handle it
    tbh IÂ’m sure it can handle 8000 no problem cause the k20s in the 8th gens spin up to 8000 stock donÂ’t they?

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Good thread here that will give you some reference
    https://mercracing.net/support-2/blo...-for-the-mp62/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So safe to say don't go over 8k on the 2.95 pulley. Also I plan on porting out just my blower and TB with steigemeier. Hopfully make some extra power

Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    Good thread here that will give you some reference
    https://mercracing.net/support-2/blo...-for-the-mp62/

Nooblets
    2.95” pulley with imt charged air cooler compared with the 3.6 pulley uncooled from last year. I used the mustang dyno setting since it lines up perfectly with the numbers I put down on my local Dynojet on 3.6 pulley which the shop owner says reads pretty low compared to the other dynos in town.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official: Q&A for the CT-E Supercharger Kit-074519b5-0d33-49ed-9f6f-69a0fb271f29_1562010414336.jpeg  

Looks good. Torque curve is nice and flat. Looks like ambient temp was much higher on the 2.95" pulley. I'm sure the car will feel even better in the cooler temps.

Did you retune for the smaller pulley? Afr is a bit more lean compared to the 3.6" run.

Nooblets
    I retuned for E-40 which according to my tuner can run more lean without risk of detonation.
    dpetro1 likes this.

Nooblets
    Does anyone have a stock or fbo datalog of a 3rd gear wot for a e-dyno comparison? I was super excited to do a comparison from before the blower, then overlay it with a 3.6 and 2.95 but can’t find my stock datalog anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    Looks good. Torque curve is nice and flat. Looks like ambient temp was much higher on the 2.95" pulley. I'm sure the car will feel even better in the cooler temps.

Did you retune for the smaller pulley? Afr is a bit more lean compared to the 3.6" run.
    I retuned for E-40 which according to my tuner can run more lean without risk of detonation.
    If anything the 3.6 pulley run was too rich. Looks like a Vit tune, but he is usually better at keeping the AFRs more consistent. I'm pretty sure he did that to be extra safe because of how bad those high IATs are for detonation.

2.95 is still right around 12:1 which is usually where you want it. Definitely would have tried to bring that area around 3000 RPM down, but if she ain't knocking it's all good.

Does anyone have a stock or fbo datalog of a 3rd gear wot for a e-dyno comparison? I was super excited to do a comparison from before the blower, then overlay it with a 3.6 and 2.95 but can’t find my stock datalog anywhere.
    When I get on my laptop later I'll send you my old mild bolt-on one.
    2013 RR Si Sedan - Modified RSX/8th gen CT-E supercharger and 2.25" IMT aftercooler

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)