The Official: Q&A for the CT-E Supercharger Kit - Page 360
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 360 of 360 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360
Results 3,591 to 3,596 of 3596
Like Tree1058Likes

Thread: The Official: Q&A for the CT-E Supercharger Kit

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by BWill9886 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    Looks good. Torque curve is nice and flat. Looks like ambient temp was much higher on the 2.95" pulley. I'm sure the car will feel even better in the cooler temps.

Did you retune for the smaller pulley? Afr is a bit more lean compared to the 3.6" run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby.Kourtney View Post
    I retuned for E-40 which according to my tuner can run more lean without risk of detonation.
    If anything the 3.6 pulley run was too rich. Looks like a Vit tune, but he is usually better at keeping the AFRs more consistent. I'm pretty sure he did that to be extra safe because of how bad those high IATs are for detonation.

2.95 is still right around 12:1 which is usually where you want it. Definitely would have tried to bring that area around 3000 RPM down, but if she ain't knocking it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby.Kourtney View Post
    Does anyone have a stock or fbo datalog of a 3rd gear wot for a e-dyno comparison? I was super excited to do a comparison from before the blower, then overlay it with a 3.6 and 2.95 but can’t find my stock datalog anywhere.
    When I get on my laptop later I'll send you my old mild bolt-on one.
    Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    Here's a comparison between a 3.6" pulley in red, a 2.95" pulley with IMT charge-air-cooler in green, and Bwil's mild bolt on in blue. It seems the blower with the 3.6 " pulley doesn't seem to make much more power then na til after 5000 rpm. The 2.95" pulley definitely shines in the midrange. It made 100 lbs/ft of torque over the 3.6" pulley at 4700 rpm, but then starts to drop after and the 3.6" has a flat torque curve the entire pull. At 7000 rpm the 2.95" has 50 more torque then the 3.6".The Official: Q&A for the CT-E Supercharger Kit-stage1_stage_3_fbo.jpg
    BWill9886 likes this.

Is it dropping boost in the upper rpm? Maybe the blower is losing efficiency at that rpm?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    Is it dropping boost in the upper rpm? Maybe the blower is losing efficiency at that rpm?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    It was dropping boost before.I tightened the belt. I loaded the datalog with no belt slip for the comparison. With the belt tightened it only made 10 more whp at 9.5 psi.
    Last edited by Toby.Kourtney; 07-04-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Greenhorn
    I'm looking for a 3.6" or 3.15" pulley for my CT kit. Anyone know where I can find one?

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg9thGSi View Post
    I'm looking for a 3.6" or 3.15" pulley for my CT kit. Anyone know where I can find one?
    https://pulleyboys.com/cart/comptech...ar-pulley.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)