What gas to pump? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: What gas to pump?

I've filling up with Costco 87 octane lately, no problems so far.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Yes, non-ethanol is the way, they are around, and you pay like a 30 cents premium. But, I have only seen non-eth. gas with 89 octane. Also, you do notice and feel the difference.
    Waiting for a '13 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Sunburst Orange Pearl (or Dyno Blue Pearl?)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

...oorrrr, the new Acura ILX???... Pass, Civic it is.

Hidden Content "Pain is the weakness that is leaving your body." - Author Unknown

"Wherever you go, there you are." - Author Unknown

Big Pimping!!! stringfellowhawke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Last time I checked Premium at many gas stations here in Canada is ethanol free... The law mandates 5% overal, but companies arrive at that figure usually with the following mixes 10% in 87, 5% in 89, and 0% in 91+.. But I haven't looked to closely in a while...
    You guys are lucky. We have to have 15% and some stations have 10% in ours and in all grades.

The ones that have ethanol free are usually 91 at least around here, but the local news had a story the other day saying it can only be 85. Some guys station was shut down for a day because of it. He re-opened and is selling it again though. There was some other information I didnt catch.
    2012 Honda Civic LX
    Dyno Blue Pearl

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Fill it up regular, I say, to the person filling my gas at any gas station.

Yea, I use regular, and usually at this local gas station a minute from my house. I've used gas from many stations, every type is by my house, from regular to premium even, all feel the same in my 8th gen LX Coupe.

I won't be using premium at all again till I have my Si. Maybe then I'll be a bit more particular of the station. As of now, no need to be so picky, everything is working A+ at A+ level.

I however, do prefer, buying gas at WaWa. Maybe most of you don't know of it. WaWa is a chain in the tri-state area. Really great place, they charge the same regardless of your payment type. Most places (around here at least) make you pay more if you aren't using cash (and try to mask that by saying they have a "cash discount").

I use Shell all the time but every once in a while Petro Canada haven't tried Esso yet now that I know premium gas makes no difference won't bother trying it.

Not a single ethanol free gas pump listed for NJ - not surprised either.

you do not need 91 in a EX, run 87 or 89 (whatever is the low where you live) and you will be fine. SI's run 91 because of compression for performance.....but still use a good brand fuel. I run chevron, stay away from no name station, grocery store gas stations and Acro/BP
    Hidden Content Go hard or go home, but never go home hardHidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Aloha Gas a top tier gas co.? Hahahaha yeah right!
    Waiting for a '13 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Sunburst Orange Pearl (or Dyno Blue Pearl?)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

...oorrrr, the new Acura ILX???... Pass, Civic it is.

Hidden Content "Pain is the weakness that is leaving your body." - Author Unknown

"Wherever you go, there you are." - Author Unknown

Regular and top tier.
    Raceline USA

THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK ! I'm going to continue using regular at chevron or shell!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)