What gas to pump? - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: What gas to pump?

Big Pimping!!! stringfellowhawke's Avatar
    Ever since we re-filled up using Shell no more engine pinging. The gas we got before at 7-11 really was crap.
    2012 Honda Civic LX
    Dyno Blue Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I plan on filling up for the first time tomorrow (dealership gave me full tank). Unfortunately we don't have Chevron around my area, so I'll have to keep looking around for Shell stations. My next choice around here would be Mobile.

Banned
    As others have said, regular is fine for the EX. Premium is more of a "performance" fuel. I'm glad I don't have to use it anymore like I did in my GSX And it was even worse when gas prices sky rocketed a couple summers ago

But I have been going to a no name gas station, which is the closest to my house. All of the reputable gas stations are a good ride away. However, I'm moving within the next couple weeks, so I'll have a better selection of gas to choose from

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

@stringfellowhawke: I noticed the same thing. My first tank was filled by the dealer, they went to the Shell on Tampa Rd. and US19.

My first refill was from 7-11 on 580 and McMullen and the car instantly started driving different. Was almost sputtering. Won't be doing that again...
    2012 Honda Civic EX Sedan in Polished Metal Metallic

I'm glad the Civics tell us if the gas is crap. Its as if they are talking to us. Just another reason the car reminds me of KITT from Knight Rider. lol
    Most cars these days you put in bad gas and you'd never know until much later on in the cars life from all of the carbon build up.
    2012 Honda Civic LX
    Dyno Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by stringfellowhawke View Post
    Ever since we re-filled up using Shell no more engine pinging. The gas we got before at 7-11 really was crap.
    What kind of gas from shell? I noticed in the ECON thread, your spouse gets around 35mpg on city. Im getting around 29-30 in city.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashnTrash View Post
    What kind of gas from shell? I noticed in the ECON thread, your spouse gets around 35mpg on city. Im getting around 29-30 in city.
    Just reg. 87. The stations we were getting it at had 15% ethanol, but yesterday she filled up at another Shell station also with 87, but has less then 10% ethanol and has been keeping the mpg's between 41-45.
    2012 Honda Civic LX
    Dyno Blue Pearl

Just nix ethanol subsidies - that's billions saved each year from the federal debt increasing, not even counting the gas mileage bump every car would get out there.
    andrd287 likes this.

I only use shell or chevron in my cars no matter how new or old the car is but when I get my si I'm goin to use premium

Do dealers put in 91 octane?

I know there are some salesman on this forum so I'd like to ask if they do indeed fill the tanks with at least 91 octane when required, like on the Si. I know the local used car dealers do not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)