Fuel tank size? - Page 7
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Fuel tank size?

The extra capacity makes it idiot proof to keep you from running out of fuel.

Used to run mine really low, but have since stopped.

If you get liquids into the evap system it could be a $$$$ mistake.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    Yeah I've gotten down to no bars and 0 km's. When i filled the car up she took just shy of 45L or 11.9 US gal. You don't want to go bone dry anyways since the fuel pump is inside and uses the fuel to cool it.

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by wytwolf View Post
    Yeah I've gotten down to no bars and 0 km's. When i filled the car up she took just shy of 45L or 11.9 US gal. You don't want to go bone dry anyways since the fuel pump is inside and uses the fuel to cool it.
    Cool that seems to match what I saw I think; Well for me it was not even 40L, cloesr to 38L with ~ 60km left, but no clue how accurate that really was.

Its funny I was going into the fill up a bit disappointed with the economy but chalking it up to the fact the car was still in break-in, but nope, it ended up being pretty close to the i-mid.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nooblets
    At the gas station, when the pump kicks off, I can top off 2 more gallons solid. Does anybody experience this?

If I don't top off, the gauge shows gas tank full, but the notches go down as normal.

If I top it off, the gauge shows full for quite a bit of driving.

I just think its weird that there is a solid 2-gallon volume left in the tank after the pump kicks off.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyhuman View Post
    At the gas station, when the pump kicks off, I can top off 2 more gallons solid.
    If you get liquids into your evap system......if you may regret doing that ^^^^.

Greenhorn
    With ~0 miles showing in my range remaining counter I find myself able to add ~10.2 gallons before the pump shuts off. Does anyone from Honda monitor this site and this thread? If so would you care to comment on the ~2 gallons not accounted for? If not why have this site?

Quote Originally Posted by jtcivic View Post
    With ~0 miles showing in my range remaining counter I find myself able to add ~10.2 gallons before the pump shuts off. Does anyone from Honda monitor this site and this thread? If so would you care to comment on the ~2 gallons not accounted for? If not why have this site?
    This site/forum is run by Autoguide. Honda has nothing to do with it. Plus, Honda would never comment via an online forum.

Not sure why people are trying to fill the tank to the last drop. Honda engineers know more than you.
    POP CREW MEMBER #615

Retired:

2012 Civic Si sedan / Dyno Blue
    2014 Civic Si sedan / MSM
    2012 Civic Si sedan / Sunburst Orange
    2007 Civic Si sedan / Silver

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jtcivic View Post
    Idiot proofing.

0 miles is not 0 miles there is a reserve for as said above idiot proofing. Also not a good idea to leave it so low before refuelling as it gets hard on your fuel pump.
    2013 Civic Si sedan PMM

K24Z7 Crew Member #717
    9th Civic POP Crew #717

Kev's Build Thread
    Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)