Fuel Issue Civic SI - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fuel Issue Civic SI

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_2015_Civic View Post
    You bought it used, so the previous owner may have done engine modifications, tuning, exhaust......
    Best to get back to Honda programming. Check if the Cat-Converter was removed from the exhaust.
    Most likely if he had his cat removed you would most definitely hear it & without a Tuner an active Engine light would be on. It's less doubtful someone would run a for example Honda-Data & not remove it from the car before it's traded in or repo'd.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

MZN
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudio10 View Post
    Hey! Thank you for responding.
    Actually my driving isn’t too bad in the dashboard it says that I’m getting 7.5/100 kms and then when I press too much the gas that indicator goes up to 8.5 or 9.0 sometimes but most of the times I have on 7.5 or 7.7/100 kms.
    The problem for you is that you find that there is little average consumption?? for a CIVIC SI, 2.4 liter engine?

The SI here in Chile gives 7,7/100 km in higway and 9/100 km in city(as an average). I don't know what difference you will have there or what average consumption expects there in the USA / Canada, but should not vary, it is the same car, same engine

I personally use 97 octane gasoline

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)