Fuel Issue Civic SI
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fuel Issue Civic SI

Greenhorn

Fuel Issue Civic SI

Hi everyone!

A year ago I purchased my Honda Civic SI 2015, all this time I've been experiencing a bad fuel consumption.

I'm only getting between 400km (248 miles) to 440km (273 miles) per full tank (50 liters) that means 8,5 km per liter.

I changed the sparks plugs because I thought that was the problem but it didn't change anything.

Also when the engine is running but I'm stopped in a red light or just parked with the engine running it use so much fuel because I can see the the fuel indicator goes down quickly.

If you know what is happening with my car please let me know

thank you guys in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    I'd probably start with the basics, whats the Mileage of your Si?
    Do you have a lead foot? Either bad driving habits or running too rich.
    My first actions would be to run a OBD2 scan & not from a cheap one. Your can can still have codes & not turn on a Check Engine Light.
    Unplug the battery terminals to let the computer reset, in the mean time I'd remove the MAF sensor off the intake box & use some spray cleaner from your local auto parts store to verify it's clean. Then let it sit & dry for 20 mins, reinstall.
    Again this would be my first approach personally.
    Zeebee27 likes this.

Is that highway or stop and go city driving?
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Hey! Thank you for responding.
    Actually my driving isn’t too bad in the dashboard it says that I’m getting 7.5/100 kms and then when I press too much the gas that indicator goes up to 8.5 or 9.0 sometimes but most of the times I have on 7.5 or 7.7/100 kms.

Greenhorn
    Hey man thank you for responding.

This is probably half and half but mostly highway.

Greenhorn
    Do you refuel whenever the light comes up? Cause when the light comes up the reserve gas can still drive for another 80-100km until it actually runs out of gas. Unless you actually fill up 50L of gas at the station. Cause that never happened to me when I put in gas, when lights on it usually only take about 40-43L of gas to fill.

when was the filters changed? both the engine air filter and the cabin air filter? oil change and filter? what's the air pressure in your tires. if you are all city, you wont' get good mileage. what kind of tires are on the car? as before, there are many variables that attribute to each individual person's mileage.
    Aviator6 and Ridingaround like this.
    hiding from those who might be looking for me

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

Hidden Content

MZN
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudio10 View Post
    Hey! Thank you for responding.
    Actually my driving isn’t too bad in the dashboard it says that I’m getting 7.5/100 kms and then when I press too much the gas that indicator goes up to 8.5 or 9.0 sometimes but most of the times I have on 7.5 or 7.7/100 kms.
    I'm getting a similar average consumption. In my SI 2012 (coupe) i'm getting an average consumption of 9,2/100 mixed driving (city and highway), that is 10,86 km/ltr.

In driving only on a Highway I´m getting 7,7/100 = that is 12,98 km/ltr. at cruising speed of 120 km/hr.

I Think is very good for a car with a 2,4 ltrs engine and 202 hp motor car using daily

Greenhorn
    You bought it used, so the previous owner may have done engine modifications, tuning, exhaust......
    Best to get back to Honda programming. Check if the Cat-Converter was removed from the exhaust.

Greenhorn
    Great first trouble shooting suggestions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)