Any Civics with OVER 200,000 miles? - Page 11
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Any Civics with OVER 200,000 miles?

I'm not aware of a 9th gen with over 200k miles. I'm one of the guys with the most miles on mine with only a little less then 153k on the clock. Only parts that broke are a rear caliper, a pcv valve and 2 batteries (those are weak but my new AGM one is promising!)... Very reliable for a car that sees track duty every now and then and live in the cold canadian winters....

Marko!

P.S. My Si is fuel efficient too... I just did 40 and 48 mpg to and from Lac Mégantic to Québec city. 60mph except in villages and deer hasardous zones...

P.S.S. I just saw the pic of the 200 000miles 2012 R18... Respect!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Civics with OVER 200,000 miles?-img_20170506_212327_1494127489321.jpg  
    Last edited by DOHCtor; 05-06-2017 at 10:28 PM.
    Silver2Coupe likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

40-48mpg?? How's that possible? That's nearly doubling the rated mileage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    POP CREW MEMBER #615

Retired:

2012 Civic Si sedan / Dyno Blue
    2014 Civic Si sedan / MSM
    2012 Civic Si sedan / Sunburst Orange
    2007 Civic Si sedan / Silver

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mreggball View Post

He did it by going 60 mph I strongly suspect. I regularly get 40-43 doing 70-75 on hilly interstates. I just don't put my foot in it and the ECON button does work if you don't over-ride it like most people do then complain about it not working. Using mid-grade gas helps a lot. 87 octane gas today seems to not be the same "quality" or have the same run-ability as it used to have. Something has changed with it.
    Silver2Coupe likes this.
    Question authority.

Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of the pumpkin......unknown

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Roadcourse View Post
    He did it by going 60 mph I strongly suspect. I regularly get 40-43 doing 70-75 on hilly interstates. I just don't put my foot in it and the ECON button does work if you don't over-ride it like most people do then complain about it not working. Using mid-grade gas helps a lot. 87 octane gas today seems to not be the same "quality" or have the same run-ability as it used to have. Something has changed with it.
    Just seems like very high numbers for an Si.

POP CREW MEMBER #615

Retired:

2012 Civic Si sedan / Dyno Blue
    2014 Civic Si sedan / MSM
    2012 Civic Si sedan / Sunburst Orange
    2007 Civic Si sedan / Silver

Hidden Content

Big Timer!!!
    When I was 22 I owned a del sol si that I bought from my uncle. It had 280k miles on it original motor and tranny. I put another 145k on it and only thing I ever had to replace was the clutch and a water pump but the clutch was starting to go out when I bought it. My littlest brother still drives it today. Hes got somewhere close to 600k now.
    Silver2Coupe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadcourse View Post
    60mph hwy and 50 in the 60 miles long deer trap where my brother totaled his car last tuesday... On Michelins Pilot Super Sport that aren't there for their comfort or fuel efficiency... Maybe i could have done better on some ECO type tires, a clean air filter, fresh oil and an alignement. Anyway, it really is a lovable car.

Marko!
    Last edited by DOHCtor; 05-08-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    New project -> TORQUEYvic!
    ...gotta remember the Shoebox!! It won't be forgotten!! (08SSM GD3 Fit!)

Marto Legend! SOH6 and C*CKtails!
    Le **** Bulletin FM!! Des nouvelles pas full importantes qui permettent de savoir quelques affaires pour combler une discution avec une fille en attendant de s'ammuser avec cette même fille, dans un Motel!

Quote Originally Posted by mreggball View Post

Yes its real. Dohctor should explain that he uses ethanol free premium and has a homemade catch can that helps get better mpg by catching oil before it burnt reducing knock along with better trans fluid to reduce friction. This is what happen when you run in a knock free environment. I filled Saturday and ran in a urban city environment and averaged 53 mpg for 20 miles with my stock 15 Civic with 25000 miles. My 12 Civic would have gotten 60 mpg under the same conditions. Experiment with gas brands using premium or at least mid grade with the R18.
    Roadcourse and mreggball like this.
    Civic POP Crew #3

Quote Originally Posted by Silver2Coupe View Post
    Yes its real. Dohctor should explain that he uses ethanol free premium and has a homemade catch can that helps get better mpg by catching oil before it burnt reducing knock along with better trans fluid to reduce friction. This is what happen when you run in a knock free environment. I filled Saturday and ran in a urban city environment and averaged 53 mpg for 20 miles with my stock 15 Civic with 25000 miles. My 12 Civic would have gotten 60 mpg under the same conditions. Experiment with gas brands using premium or at least mid grade with the R18.
    The Ethanol free gas does not apply to me anymore. There is a 6 cents difference between Shell ethanol free premium and Petro Canada 91 with Ethanol. There really is a difference between the 2 but not large enough to justify paying a 6 cents difference... plus my Petro Points card gives me cards that make me save 10 cents per liter for 200 liters so Petro-Canada Ethanol premium it is for me now.

Marko!
    New project -> TORQUEYvic!
    ...gotta remember the Shoebox!! It won't be forgotten!! (08SSM GD3 Fit!)

Marto Legend! SOH6 and C*CKtails!
    Le **** Bulletin FM!! Des nouvelles pas full importantes qui permettent de savoir quelques affaires pour combler une discution avec une fille en attendant de s'ammuser avec cette même fille, dans un Motel!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)