Automatic Transmission Fluid Change - Page 4
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Automatic Transmission Fluid Change

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by highness View Post
    Got the B123 code late last week. Called the dealer to see what they charge for the fluid change - $240.

So I finally had the time to do the transmission fluid change this morning. Bought my car as a CPO with 40K miles (it now has 60K) on it and would have assumed that the dealer did the CVT fluid change much earlier - but I don't think they ever did.

When I replaced the fluid this morning, I only got a little over 2 quarts out of the transmission. When I filled it back up, it took about 3.5 (before it started spilling some out of the overflow hole). Pretty sure I don't have a leak (the underside of the pan and engine) was pretty clean - so I have to believe the dealership never checked it.

It now shifts much more smoothly than it did when I bought it.
    I didnt wait for my MM to get the code, I changed the transmission fluid at around 35,000 miles along with the brake fluid at the Honda dealership. Both transmission and brake fluid change cost me around $180 with tax included. Most of you probably surprise why so cheap? I received emails from my dealership and coupons on a monthly basis for 15% off any service. Also, I was told by the salesman when I bought the car to install the dealership app to check for coupons so I would suggest doing that before paying premium price for getting any service done at the dealership
    Last edited by H82LOS3; 08-04-2019 at 12:57 AM.
    2015 HONDA CIVIC SEDAN LX AUTO
    MODERN STEEL METALLIC

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I went to the parts bought 4 qts of atf cost me $49. Drain and fill. The 9th gen has a filter internal not really serviceable. I do mine every 30 k. Says in manual take 3 changes to get all fluid out. I seen my reminder i just keep doing it every 30k. Got 170k on car

Greenhorn
    I know that I need to change washer on the drain plug but do I need to change the washer on the check bolt also? if so what is the part number?

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2395 View Post
    I know that I need to change washer on the drain plug but do I need to change the washer on the check bolt also? if so what is the part number?
    Always a good idea to replace the aluminum crush (sealing) washers when changing oil/fluids.
    That said; I have reused both drain plug and fill plug washers, if they are not overly distorted or compressed.

About 15 years ago I started using a thread sealant on engine and transmission drain/fill plugs; because the manufacturer of the bike recommended using it
    https://www.permatex.com/products/th...hread-sealant/

Not only does it seal the threads it acts as a mild locking agent, so even if the plugs are not torqued to spec, they will not loosen. This has been my experience anyway; your choice.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    Always a good idea to replace the aluminum crush (sealing) washers when changing oil/fluids.
    That said; I have reused both drain plug and fill plug washers, if they are not overly distorted or compressed.

About 15 years ago I started using a thread sealant on engine and transmission drain/fill plugs; because the manufacturer of the bike recommended using it

Not only does it seal the threads it acts as a mild locking agent, so even if the plugs are not torqued to spec, they will not loosen. This has been my experience anyway; your choice.
    Do you know the part number for the check bolt washer?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2395 View Post
    Do you know the part number for the check bolt washer?
    No.
    Need to know year and model car.
    Check here: https://www.hondapartsnow.com
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)