Civic 2012 Creaking Noise When Press on Brake Pedal
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Civic 2012 Creaking Noise When Press on Brake Pedal

Greenhorn

Civic 2012 Creaking Noise When Press on Brake Pedal

Hello guys,
    I just recently replaced my brake fluid, and after putting the wheel back on I kinda kick on the lug nut wrech while the wheel is still up to tighten the nut ( not sure if i had damage anything by kicking the wrench, I also tighten the nut to 80ft/lb when i put the car back down too). Anyway, there is a creaking noise when I press on the brake and release it slowly. Noise is typically come on when I don't drive the car for few hours. After driving the car for a little bit, the noise is stop. Well, it still can be heard, but I don't think it more like brake disconnect or shifting noise.

I took the car to the dealership and they said everything seems to be fine. I don't think they heard the noise that i'm talking about, since the noise only come on if the car hasn't been driven for a while.
    Here is the link to my car noise

youtube.com/watch?v=J-dHO53aMs8

The noise can be heard at 0.3 sec, and 0.14 thru out the video. Noise come on when i put in reverse and forward direction.

Need your guys help on this as this noise worry me. I was looking up online, and there were few people said it could be the hub bearing, or it cold be strut mount.
    My civic is about 54000 miles. I'm going to bring it to the dealer again to take another look at it. If you guys know where this noise coming from it would be helpful for me to talk to the dealership.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Is the car moving or just starting to move as you slowly release pedal pressure?
    Yes: noise is normal. any automobile brake system will make that noise under the similar conditions.
    No: you got big problems. take the car to a different dealer or repair shop asap!
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

Greenhorn
    The car move normal when i release the brake pedal. It's just the noise is louder than usual. I know that noise sound like the brake pad is shifting, but it is very loud. I think it could be the bushing or something. But again, the noise is very loud after the car has been parked overnight.

Noise is lessen if the has been driven for a while.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    That noise to me is completely normal. I drive a 2012 civic coupe lx and it makes a similar noise when its cold out (in the mornings per say).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)