Under carriage
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Craig
  • 1 Post By scottyrocks

Thread: Under carriage

Under carriage

Today while driving to work i ran over tire shreds. Had no choice. It torn off alot of panels under car. Pic attached. I have my scanner plugged in. What is the hottest temp for coolant before its bad. Those panels help with air flow to engine bay. My dealer said it would be a week to get parts in. I just want to make sure my car isbt over heating. 2012 civic 1.8L.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Under carriage-20190404_153235_1554432705986.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I think you will be fine.... To me these panels are for noise....and a tiny help to MPGs.

Do you have the metal oil change access panel still ??
    scottyrocks likes this.

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I think you will be fine.... To me these panels are for noise....and a tiny help to MPGs.
    Yes, I believe their main function is to aid in smoothing airflow under the car, upping mpgs.
    Teeps likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Yes still metal oil pan cover. Its a 12. The 14 has more panels like the he of my year.

Greenhorn
    I work for an acura dealer. These are not a vital psrt to the car. I honestly would leave them off if they were ripped of like yours. Why ask about the coolant temp? Did the light kick on or?

I know this is an old thread, but I have to share. In early June, I stupidly backed Black Betty off of a construction road at the back of our subdivision. I was trying to make room for a cement mixer coming the other way and buried the car to the belly pans in the mud of the farm field next to the road. Totally mucked in (remember the rains of spring?). I had to climb out the passenger window to get out. Our builder pulled me out backwards with his 2500 series Ram. I ran it over to the local car wash for an under body wash. Took it home and literally, there was no mud under the car. I think the underbody aero panels kept the muck out of the mechanicals. None were damaged in the off road excursion either.
    2013 CBP EX-L sedan w/Navi.: K&N Drop In
    54,000 Mi.;Avg MPG:33 city;44 hiway;87 E10;ECON On
    79 mos. old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.
    2017 Milano Red Fit EX-L w/Navi. K&N Drop In
    17,000 M. Avg. MPG 35 City, 45 Hiway 87 E-10 ECON On
    I've gone out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
    Old Age & Treachery Trumps Youth & Exuberance.

Yes i put those panels back on. Honda put them on there for a reason. Also nothing was damage d on mine. Great story. I am happy you shared

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)