Maintainence reminders
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Coastie05
  • 2 Post By Ridingaround

Thread: Maintainence reminders

Maintainence reminders

Can anyone tell me how to reset the reminders like spark plug change, tire rotation, and air filter . Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

I know how to do the oil life but its not resetting the others like air filter , tire rotation, spark plugs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeman87 View Post
    I know how to do the oil life but its not resetting the others like air filter , tire rotation, spark plugs.
    You can't reset it if it hasn't popped up on the IMID. So, if you completed a maintenance item that is not on your IMID currently, than you can't reset it. Just write your maintenance down in a notebook and keep up with it that way. Otherwise, you would reset those maintenance items just like oil change.
    dpetro1 likes this.
    R18 Crew Member #53
    2018 Pilot EX AWD SSM (wife's)
    2013 CRV EX PMM (mine)
    2014 FB2 LX ASM (sold)
    2001 Acura Integra GSR (sold)
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Air filter , tire rotation, and spark plugs all are showing but its not clearing them . I can reset oil life but nothing else. I wonder if its because my ecu is reflashed with my hondata.

Air filter , tire rotation, and spark plugs all are showing but its not clearing them . I can reset oil life but nothing else. I wonder if its because my ecu is reflashed with my hondata.
    The numbered/lettered items don't clear when you reset the oil life. The existing ones should go away and new ones come up. Those are what is due at the next service. Unfortunately if you have reset multiple times, the system is now out of whack and you can't follow it anymore.
    Most just keep their own record anyways since we generally do service more often then required.
    See attached from the owners manual which explains this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dpetro1; 05-28-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Ive never had that issue with being flashed or tuned with hondata.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

Can anyone tell me how to reset the reminders like spark plug change, tire rotation, and air filter . Thanks
    Not really but the owner's manual will tell you a lot as well as common sense.

Most air filters are ready for a change at 15K miles, the cabin filter the same, tire rotation every 5K miles, and spark plugs I think, at 100K miles. Any good synthetic oil will get changed on my cars at 6K miles at the most.

I don't need a computer telling me the above things. I keep a small spiral notebook in the glove compartment with every single maintenance item done on my cars with date, mileage and what was done. Comes in handy if the car is sold and comes in handy so I don't have to depend on a computer I don't agree with or my memory which isn't perfect. A pen and paper is still a good thing to use. There ya go!
    Craig and Aviator6 like this.
    Learn til you die.

Greenhorn
    On my Civic the odometer has what I call three views. When you push the knob the first view is the mileage of the car, push again to get the 2nd view. I believe it is labeled "A" I usually push this each time I fill up with gas just to know how many miles I got out of the last tank. Push the knob again to get a 3rd view which is labeled "B". Since the car's system already measures the mileage for the oil change and reminds you by percentage, I use the "B" to let me know at a glance when I'm getting close & when it is time to balance and rotate my tires every 3,000 miles. As every one knows tires can be expensive and I for one want to get every usable mile out of my 18" summer tire purchase. However, you can use the "B" or even the "A" for whatever you want as a reminder.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)