Brand of Manufacturer Water Pump?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpetro1

Thread: Brand of Manufacturer Water Pump?

MZN

Brand of Manufacturer Water Pump?

Anyone know the Brand of Manufacturer Water Pump?

Hello, does anyone know which is the manufacturer of the water pump, original ,to buy it with a any Dealer in the USA with international shipping?
    I have tried to look for information about the brand o the manufacturer ho made the water pump, but I only get to the part number(Honda Part No.: 19200-RX0A01) not the manufacturer.

Could it be GMB, Nissin or another brand?

I have look in:
    rockauto.com
    hondapartsnow.com
    hondapartworld.com
    Last edited by MZN; 06-04-2019 at 01:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Please be sure to tell is what car you have.

I cross referenced your part number which tells me its an Si? Can you tell us why the brand is important? If you need a replacement there are plenty of quality brands available.

How many miles are on the car? Water pumps rarely fail on these cars.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MZN
    Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    Please be sure to tell is what car you have.

I cross referenced your part number which tells me its an Si? Can you tell us why the brand is important? If you need a replacement there are plenty of quality brands available.

How many miles are on the car? Water pumps rarely fail on these cars.

Thanks for your answer man...!! I own a Civic SI, coupe year 2012. currently it has 87.000 kilometers = 139.200 miles approximately

My car have a noise in some ocasion in the water pump area. The noise is a noise of pulley "squeal or wisthle"...
    this is a video with the noise... i think the water pump is ready to replace... or not??

Check the video:

About the Brand of the water pump, is only to look for it by the manufacturer. It is regular, for example, to buy something with box and logo "Honda" the product is double the value if you buy the same product but with out logo Honda, only with manufacturer's box... You always pay less.
    For example spark plugs: If you buy in Honda Dealer the spark plugs, you pay maybe the double that you will be pay for the same only look for a DENSO spark plugs ... is that understood? That's why I was asking about the manufacturer's brand.

If you have a brand that you recommend me to buy the water pump I appreciate it, here in my country there is not much offer of spare parts for my model that is not in honda dealer.

In my country (Chile) I could buy a water pump in Honda dealer for US$360.- aprox... but if i'll look for a pump in rockauto.com(for example), i'll buy a water pump, GMB brand, for US$135.- It's a big difference in prices

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I think you have the conversion reversed. 87,000 km is only 54,000 miles. It would be premature for a water pump failure at that point.
    Hard to say from the video since there are alot of pulleys in that area. Could be any of the accessories or the belt tensioner. You can try to pinpoint it with an automotive steathascope or remove the belt and spin the pullies by hand to see if you can replicate the noise.
    If you do need a pump, any of the aftermarket options should be fine. I see an Aisin listed on rockauto for $46USD. They are an oem parts manufacturer.

Teeps likes this.

MZN
    I think you have the conversion reversed. 87,000 km is only 54,000 miles.
    You're right, I calculated in the opposite direction Thank you!!

Could be any of the accessories or the belt tensioner. You can try to pinpoint it with an automotive steathascope or remove the belt and spin the pullies by hand to see if you can replicate the noise.
    OK, I'll check by this way

If you do need a pump, any of the aftermarket options should be fine. I see an Aisin listed on rockauto for $46USD. They are an oem parts manufacturer.
    Great, thanks for the advice...!!
    Last edited by MZN; 06-05-2019 at 10:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)