Oil catch can - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Oil catch can

Quote Originally Posted by Killmonr View Post
    I appricate your input. I looked at link. Dkes that fit 5/8 or should i just buy a 5/8 fitting?
    Oil separator #1

The 1/4" barb fitting that the separator shown in the link comes with would work on the stock PCV valve line. Just cut out a small section of the hose and mount in against the cowl of firewall. Also I would double check the PCV valve size I'm just guessing biased off when I changed mine out.

Oil separator #2

The 5/8" fitting are for the Crankcase vent line its on the right side of the valve cover, then routes back into the intake boot. So you would have two types of oil separators catching as much oil as possible.

Block off plug.

https://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/f...lock-off-plug/

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Op: I have a 2012 civic ex 1.8L. Would like to install a high end oil catch can. Who has it installed?

Internet: Why? Worthless! Don't need, I've never needed! I have no relevant information to your question!

I put some fuel filter from a 80' something Honda Prelude on the PCV line on my 2012 Si. An idea i took from some DSM forums online. There is a Pic here somewhere. The amount of oil and crap that it traps is surprising. Best part, it cost like, 2$ at your local auto parts store so you just have to put a new one after 2 or 3 OCI. It's transparent also so you can check out the level often and replace it as needed. The problem i had is the intake manifold on those K24 has the plenum down under the runners so it's just an oil pool waiting to happen and hydrolock you engine at the most innoportune moment. It almost happened to me...

Marko!
    New project -> TORQUEYvic!
    ...gotta remember the Shoebox!! It won't be forgotten!! (08SSM GD3 Fit!)

Marto Legend! SOH6 and C*CKtails!
    Le **** Bulletin FM!! Des nouvelles pas full importantes qui permettent de savoir quelques affaires pour combler une discution avec une fille en attendant de s'ammuser avec cette même fille, dans un Motel!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)