help finding cat back system and coilover kit
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help finding cat back system and coilover kit

Greenhorn

help finding cat back system and coilover kit

Can anyone help me with a cat back system and what brand of coilovers for doing road course racing and solo races

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    For a 2012 civic si 2.4 coupe

Pretty happy with full race cat back. It's 3". I think the other option is Skunk 2 for 3" but it's known to be the loudest.
    Coilovers, I have no knowledge of. I think truharts get brought up alot.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I 2nd the full race exhaust. No need to make your car as loud as possible and i dont do autocross but i like doing spirited driving on twisty back roads and ive been running tein street advance and they handle great to me but id also recommend doing some braces if youre serious about tracking.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Stay away from afe, as a 2012 Si I drove with one installed was like riding in a 55 gallon drum - loud and droney.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Greenhorn
    Thanks guys for the info the full race exhaust looks nice and sounds nice

I run the Invidia Q300 with catted RV-6 downpipe. Not too loud, but you can hear me coming. Coilovers are a littler harder to pick, kind of depends on what you want to use the car for.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Ive got the full race catted downpipe with the full race exhaust and its quiet when i want it when doing normal every day driving and then it really wakes up when i want it while going through the gears.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

Greenhorn
    As far as exhaust, I would stick with a 3" DP (fullrace, skunk2, ultimate racing, etc.). I've read that ~90% of the power gains with a good tune comes from the DP, the other 2 ~5% is from intake and exhaust.

As for coilovers, it was recommended to me by a reliable source who tracks and races their 9th gen, to get GodSpeed Monomaxx coilovers. I was skeptical at first because of the price, but was reassured that these things were great. I've put around 8k miles on them, both on the streets and small tracks and they've been incredible, especially for the price. Granted, the vendor could've upsold me more expensive coilovers (I was actually looking to spend over 1000 for coilovers), but they guaranteed their quality and longevity. They do have a higher springs rate of 10k front and 14k rear.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now