9th Gen Civic Forum banner

help finding cat back system and coilover kit

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  15WhiteSi 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me with a cat back system and what brand of coilovers for doing road course racing and solo races

#3 ·
Pretty happy with full race cat back. It's 3". I think the other option is Skunk 2 for 3" but it's known to be the loudest.
Coilovers, I have no knowledge of. I think truharts get brought up alot.

#4 ·
I 2nd the full race exhaust. No need to make your car as loud as possible and i dont do autocross but i like doing spirited driving on twisty back roads and ive been running tein street advance and they handle great to me but id also recommend doing some braces if youre serious about tracking.

#5 ·
Stay away from afe, as a 2012 Si I drove with one installed was like riding in a 55 gallon drum - loud and droney.

#9 ·
As far as exhaust, I would stick with a 3" DP (fullrace, skunk2, ultimate racing, etc.). I've read that ~90% of the power gains with a good tune comes from the DP, the other 2 ~5% is from intake and exhaust.

As for coilovers, it was recommended to me by a reliable source who tracks and races their 9th gen, to get GodSpeed Monomaxx coilovers. I was skeptical at first because of the price, but was reassured that these things were great. I've put around 8k miles on them, both on the streets and small tracks and they've been incredible, especially for the price. Granted, the vendor could've upsold me more expensive coilovers (I was actually looking to spend over 1000 for coilovers), but they guaranteed their quality and longevity. They do have a higher springs rate of 10k front and 14k rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.