Hi there! 2012 Civic Natural Gasser
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi there! 2012 Civic Natural Gasser

Greenhorn

Hi there! 2012 Civic Natural Gasser

Used to be a regular on different fora due to all different makes and models I have had over the years....

Name is Ruud Noordzij (born and raised Dutchman who moved to California in 2003 for love - still there), living in Tustin CA.
    Orange County indeedee. I have owned my 2012 NGV since October 2016, bought it with only 40k on the odo which was extremely low.
    Currently the odo reads a bit less than 78K and so far the experience has been quite good, nice ride (yes, tire noise, plastics, all the stuffs that prompted Honda to revamp and i get it), low on maintenance (and yes, we're former Benz/Bimmer/Audi drivers) and of course that cheap fill up never gets old.

I'll definitely get started on the forum as I do have a number of issues that I'd like to run by you guys - pretty sure I will be able to get the advice and feedback I'd be looking for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum, i too have a 2012. Got it as my first car and after 2 years i havnt regretted it twice(i have an auto r18 gas and i didnt think i would be into modding and hp gains and wat not so never thought to researching much other than reliability). I always think " atleast i didnt get an 8th gen with the ugly dashboard" or " atleast its not a cvt, i would definitely be unable to mod that"
    Well i hope the new cali emmisions laws dont affect you much.

I used to have a 2012 CNG as well, but with the phasing out of the eligibility for carpool lane access, I ended up giving the car to my sister in law who lives down in OC like you. She only takes surface streets to work, so the stickers weren't an issue for her and she lives within 7 miles of three different CNG stations, so it seemed like a good fit. Maybe you'll see her sometime in a lowered dark gray CNG with a spoiler haha. We ended up getting a PHEV Clarity in its place for those treasured stickers. I'm a little disappointed that the industry went to hydrogen fuel cells instead of working on improving CNG tech, it was always easy to find various CNG refuelling options around town. Hydrogen stations are much rarer and much more expensive, like $16/gge!

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Welcome! I have a 2013 CNG and while the phasing out of the carpool sticker was a huge bummer, filling up with less than $20 every time keeps my spirits high haha.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)