takeda retain sri owners...
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: takeda retain sri owners...

Nooblets

takeda retain sri owners...

I installed my SRI and drove it for 1000 miles with the pro5r oiled filter
    Great sound, and nice pull above 3k rpm but I felt like I lost torquebelow 3k RPMs so I switched back to my stock intake. (since daily driving im not revving it passed 3k)
    I enjoyed it at first but after reinstalling my stock intake I found that it was more enjoyable to drive because I definately felt more torque in the low end.
    Also if you look up the dyno chart for this product, afe only advertises power gains above 3k rpms.
    Any other takeda retain sri owners have any thoughts on this? Does anyone know of a solution to the low end torque loss?
    sold the honda

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

that's normal and common.
    ***08/08/11 - I got my 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.Hidden Content ***

*2nd 9thGenCivic.Com Member with a 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.* 1st is 67cougar.

- 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan (Current)
    - 2003 Satin Silver Metallic Honda Civic Si Hatchback (Sold)
    - 1994 Pard Blue Green Pearl Acura Integra GSR Coupe (Stolen/Totaled)
    - 1992 Super White Toyota Corolla DX Sedan (Totaled)

Greenhorn
    You might need to get it tuned after installing the intake. I heard that just by installing alone doesn't show gains but decrease it because engine is tuned for stock, and not aftermarket.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)