Rbc Cai Soultion 8th Gen AEM Cai into 9th Gen Si
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dagocrazy
  • 1 Post By immajackuup

Thread: Rbc Cai Soultion 8th Gen AEM Cai into 9th Gen Si

Rbc Cai Soultion 8th Gen AEM Cai into 9th Gen Si

I've been thinking of a way to get around using the factory flex intake hose with the Injen "pretzel" and i figured id try a true CAI from an 8th since im running an 8th intake. it was quite a bit more work than installing the Injen but it was really worth it. my car has a lot mot=re power now. the lag is gone and it really spins the tures into second. i wanted to get this done as ive got an appointment with Vit Viper in portland this weekend. i had to fab up a way to mount the bottom bracket but it was no problem at all. im now drawing true cold air from the fenderwell through an AEM Cai matched to a Injen hydroshield. At the time the pics were taken i had the bottom tube upside down so it really goes further into the fenderwell but you get the idea. .Rbc Cai Soultion 8th Gen AEM Cai into 9th Gen Si-20130120_161407.jpgRbc Cai Soultion 8th Gen AEM Cai into 9th Gen Si-20130120_171039.jpgRbc Cai Soultion 8th Gen AEM Cai into 9th Gen Si-20130120_171045.jpgRbc Cai Soultion 8th Gen AEM Cai into 9th Gen Si-20130120_171249.jpg
    Last edited by dagocrazy; 01-20-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    Stigmacher likes this.
    2012 CBP Civic SI Coupe......Hondata Flash Pro Tuned by Vit,RBC Intake manifold,Ultimate Racing 3'' High flow Catted Downpipe, Full-Race 3'' Cat back Exhaust,8th gen AEM CAI, 17'' Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels, Road Magnet Lowering Springs,Eibach Rear Anti Sway Bar,Buddy Club Short Shifter, OEM Honda Projector headlights, Xentec 4300 Ultra White Hid low beams,Eibach rear camber adjust arms, K24z7 Crew #90. 200hp club member #8 225.7 Hp on e85. 218 on 92 ocatne pump gas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Very cool.
    Like the fact you thought out of the box, no pun intended.
    how's the low end torque with the shorter manifold and shorter intake?
    Thanks for sharing
    9th Civic POP Crew #30

"Some say that he is a cheap imitation of the real Stig and that he identifies as a Robot. All we know is he's called the Stigmacher."

2012 Rallye Red Si Sedan
    Boomba Torque Dampers
    Eibach Sway Bars (Front set to soft / Rear set to Stiff)
    Moog sway bar endlinks (Front and Rear)
    Megan Racing Strut Brace
    Megan Racing Rear Lower Tie Bar
    FKX Rear Strut Bar
    Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors
    Power Stop Carbon Ceramic Brake Pads
    Takeda Momentum Intake

its pulling very hard. revs are climbing faster. i definatly hear vtec better and it spins the tires freely into second. ill post the dyno results after this weekend.
    2012 CBP Civic SI Coupe......Hondata Flash Pro Tuned by Vit,RBC Intake manifold,Ultimate Racing 3'' High flow Catted Downpipe, Full-Race 3'' Cat back Exhaust,8th gen AEM CAI, 17'' Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels, Road Magnet Lowering Springs,Eibach Rear Anti Sway Bar,Buddy Club Short Shifter, OEM Honda Projector headlights, Xentec 4300 Ultra White Hid low beams,Eibach rear camber adjust arms, K24z7 Crew #90. 200hp club member #8 225.7 Hp on e85. 218 on 92 ocatne pump gas.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Big Timer!!!
    Hmmmm...this or a custom 3.5...

Nooblets
    better do a 3.5 custom CAI. all those CAI that use a 90 degree bend down suck balls.

This is better than the 9th gen cai's out there...and less bends.
    ***08/08/11 - I got my 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.Hidden Content ***

*2nd 9thGenCivic.Com Member with a 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.* 1st is 67cougar.

- 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan (Current)
    - 2003 Satin Silver Metallic Honda Civic Si Hatchback (Sold)
    - 1994 Pard Blue Green Pearl Acura Integra GSR Coupe (Stolen/Totaled)
    - 1992 Super White Toyota Corolla DX Sedan (Totaled)

Does anyone know if a SRI from an 8th will fit?

**** this imma supercharge my shit.
    xxxxxxxxxprivman likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)