Guide: AFR, Intake Temp, Coolant, etc. Gauge under $80
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bfaided1984
  • 1 Post By 12FG4Rallye

Thread: Guide: AFR, Intake Temp, Coolant, etc. Gauge under $80

Nooblets

Guide: AFR, Intake Temp, Coolant, etc. Gauge under $80

Hi Everyone,

I recently got a CEL light and the code indicated my car ran lean at some point. This issue got me thinking about an AFR gauge.

I have played around with my KTuner v1.2 and tunerview awhile ago and know I can use the two as dedicate gauge setup.

But, the issues were:

1. I didn't want to risk getting my KTuner stolen and be out of $449.
    2. I can either stream music to my stock headunit or have KTuner stream realtime data to my phone.

The Solution:

You will need to purchase the BAFX Products Bluetooth OBD2 / OBDII Diagnostic Car Scanner Reader Tool for Android (https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Scanner/dp/B005NLQAHS). This is currently on sale for $22.99.

The next step, you need an Android phone. The cheapest and decent phone is the Samsung J3 (https://www.amazon.com/Tracfone-Sams.../dp/B07GBX14NZ). The phone is on sale for $49.99. You do not need to activate or buy any pre-paid card to use the phone.

Once you're phone is connected to your wifi, you need to goto the Google Play Store and purchase the Torque Pro app for $4.95.

Plug the BAFX to your OBD2 port. It's located underneath the steering wheel.

Turn on your car.

Load the Torque Pro app and make sure the Samsung J3 bluetooth is on and the BAFX is connected.

You will be able to customize your layout and download themes.

The theme I'm using is the VW gauge theme.

Guide: AFR, Intake Temp, Coolant, etc. Gauge under -20190415_083955.jpgGuide: AFR, Intake Temp, Coolant, etc. Gauge under -20190415_083942.jpg

Notes:

• I could not get the BAFX to work with tunerview ELM 327.
    Last edited by twoawwsome; 04-15-2019 at 12:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

That's pretty nifty. Will probably steal this idea from ya.
    twoawwsome likes this.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

Awesome idea bud
    twoawwsome likes this.
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)