How do you protect your door panels?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do you protect your door panels?

One Bad Mama Jama!!! bamathrasher's Avatar

How do you protect your door panels?

Sorry for making 2 threads back to back, didn't know what other section to post this. I think owning a brand new car is going to ruin my relationship! I've always been meticulous about the care of my cars, but I have always bought used, so there was always things messed up that I couldn't change, but with a brand new car, it is in perfect condition and anything that happens is on me, so I've been even more car care crazy then usual.

My problem is, comparing the driver side and passenger side is rediculous. My floormat is clean, door and kick panel is scuff free, yet the passenger side is filthy. Saw her use her boot the other day to push the door open and almost went bat shit crazy. I know I can't expect people to respect my stuff like I do, but what can I do to protect it?

Sidenote: I used a razerblade to remove the dealer vinyl sticker above the civic emblem they put on, and accidentally got too much of an angle on the razer for a split second, and put a scuff/scratch on the paint, think polish will take it out?
    2012 TW Si Sedan - Sold and missed 4/5/2013 Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I hear ya. My wife is very careless with stuff like that. Everytime she gets in she doesn't open the door enough and ends up hitting the bottom of the door and scuff plates as well. In terms of a scratch/scuff, feel it with your finger nail, if it gets caught its too deep. If your nail just glides across, very easy to fix. I recommend something like NuFinish scratch doctor. Used it for some swirls and light scratches before and it polishes them out pretty well. Might take a couple of applications. Don't rub it too hard, med pressure, check your work and try again.

i hear ya.... but over time you just gotta expect stuff will happen...it will get dirty even for the most anal of people.
    Beware...the Zombie Apocalypse is coming.....followed by the uprising of the Smurfs....recommend stocking up Ramen Noodles now!!!

K24Z7 Crew Member # 1
    Former Owner of 2012 CBP Si Sedan

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Big Timer!!!
    You may want to consider getting some protective film for the passenger side door, such as the type that 3m makes under the "scotchguard" brand. It won't look that good on a textured surface, but it should go a long way in protecting the door from scuffs. Also, be sure to get the all-weather mats - they are quite protective.

I think the most important question is, what is she doing out of the kitchen?

Quote Originally Posted by Drexl View Post

oh...that is so wrong..i hope you dont have a woman and she finds out about that post... you might not have one for long....lol
    Beware...the Zombie Apocalypse is coming.....followed by the uprising of the Smurfs....recommend stocking up Ramen Noodles now!!!

K24Z7 Crew Member # 1
    Former Owner of 2012 CBP Si Sedan

Hidden Content

Big Timer!!!
    You mean. "Why isn't she driving?"

One Bad Mama Jama!!! bamathrasher's Avatar
    lmao, I gotta let her loose once or twice a week, plus she found where I keep the key to the leash.

I kid, I kid.

@Andex: Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.
    2012 TW Si Sedan - Sold and missed 4/5/2013 Hidden Content

Greenhorn
    Compare to the wife on the passenger seat thing, I worry more about the dings and dents on the exterior. So besides parking the car strategically, there isn't really anything we can do? (those car door guards are too ugly and hard to use, so they are out of the question)

Car Care Ambassador
    Words like .. "Huh... when ya get in/out could you maybe watch you don't scuff the door cars ... really hard to get the scuff out and this is my first new car ... I'm going to try to keep it pristine" Then set an example...

My wife is not a car person at all but a simple request years ago and its been great sinse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)