Changing color of i-MID display
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing color of i-MID display

TBW
    Greenhorn

Changing color of i-MID display

Hello folks! First post in the 9th gen forum, but no stranger to this group of forums.... I had a 2007 Civic that I finally upgraded to a 2014 EX and love the car. It's my 7th Honda.

The question I've been searching for an answer for is can I change the color of the orange i-MID display? I can change the color of everything else on the dash (4 color choices I believe) but I can't seem to find a setting for the one. The orange color is hard to see in daylight and it annoys me with the blue dash lights. It's the little things right?

Thanks for all the help here with my 2007. Saved thousands on the few repairs I had to make. My next move is doing something to the "premium" sound system and I'd appreciate any suggestions! Man, for a premium sound system that things really stinks. I changed just the two rear speakers in my 2007 and it blew this system away.....

Thanks in advance, and glad to be here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

the i-mid color can be changed, press the menu button on the steering wheel to access the i-MID menu and there should be an option to change the color/theme. I suspect the color on your i-MID has been changed by a previous owner since you said the color on your i-MID is orange but the default setting for non-SI models is blue.
    '15 4dr EX cvt MSM
    '15 4dr Accord LX CVT Black

Past cars: '01 4dr EX A/T Silver-sold
    '07 4dr Toyota Camry XLE V6 Silver-totaled

TBW
    Greenhorn
    Thanks so much! I need to quit trying to change settings while driving! The tip helped though-I wouldn't have found it otherwise.
    2014 Honda Civic EX Coupe

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

yes, most settings can't be changed or modified while the car is moving. looks like you found that already.
    hiding from those who might be looking for me

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

Hidden Content

Greenhorn
    Hi, I've got issues with mine also. It's stuck to a grey theme, even though I select a different color. I tried to change it back to blue, and everything remains grey still...
    Any ideas?

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stefer View Post
    Hi, I've got issues with mine also. It's stuck to a grey theme, even though I select a different color. I tried to change it back to blue, and everything remains grey still...
    Any ideas?
    Is there a SAVE prompt? I ask because there is one when you load pictures into the imid and choose one for the background.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyrocks View Post
    Is there a SAVE prompt? I ask because there is one when you load pictures into the imid and choose one for the background.
    I don't recall seeing one. I'll check again in the morning before I go to work, maybe I missed that part.

Greenhorn
    Alright I kept forgetting to check everytime I used my car... but noticed last night that it's no longer stuck on grey... it is now blue. Maybe the unit had to "reboot" a few times to get it right...

Greenhorn
    Any ideas on this yet?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)