NEW ! LED rear bumper light for 9th gen civic si sedan - Page 6
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: NEW ! LED rear bumper light for 9th gen civic si sedan

Quote Originally Posted by huynhsi View Post
    exLEDusa Pre-made Custom LED Reflector for Honda Civic Sedan 9th generation

You guys can get them here. A tad bit expensive though
    I'd buy them from here but... the picture of the Civic they show doesn't even have the lights on! Unless they can show me what it looks like I'm not buying.
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - G. Best
    9thGenCivic POP Crew #713
    2015 Civic Si 6mt
    2011 Hyundai IX35 5mt
    1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R 5mt
    No automatics allowed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nothing for the coupe though

Greenhorn
    Anyone know how the wires would possibly match up to the rear brake light? I went the DIY route and took my rear reflectors out and placed my own LED strip inside each reflector... My only problem is I don't know which wires to tap into on the rear brake lights. Any diagrams or information on the wires would help.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Baned
    Just strip a little of the reflector LED wires and jam them into the harness for the tail light. Eventually you'll get them to come on when you want them to. Having an extra person would help so then you can play with the wires while they press the brake.

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by akmoon95 View Post
    Anyone know how the wires would possibly match up to the rear brake light? I went the DIY route and took my rear reflectors out and placed my own LED strip inside each reflector... My only problem is I don't know which wires to tap into on the rear brake lights. Any diagrams or information on the wires would help.
    Did you have to drill holes into the back of the reflectors in order to get the LEDs in? I'm thinking about doing this too, but probably with spares just in case.

Greenhorn
    Did you have to drill holes into the back of the reflectors in order to get the LEDs in? I'm thinking about doing this too, but probably with spares just in case.
    I used a soldering iron and basically cut around the outside edge just inside the raised lip. I didn't care for the lights to be on when I drive but mainly for when I brake. (I installed just a small triple LED so it doesn't look exactly like the OP picture. I just finished wiring them to my center brake light on my spoiler and they work great.
    Last edited by akmoon95; 11-15-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akmoon95 View Post
    I used a soldering iron and basically cut around the outside edge just inside the raised lip. I didn't care for the lights to be on when I drive but mainly for when I brake. (I installed just a small triple LED so it doesn't look exactly like the OP picture. I just finished wiring them to my center brake light on my spoiler and they work great.
    Nice, Do you have a picture of your setup? I could use this for reference when I go to mod my spares.

Thanks

Nooblets
    I want these!!! Shipped to 33187?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

exLEDusa Pre-made Custom LED Reflector for Honda Civic Sedan 9th generation

You guys can get them here. A tad bit expensive though
    Has anyone bought from here? I'd like to see the quality before I spend $155.

And there's still no word from the OP? Someone else should take it upon themselves to make a plug and play set; you'd make a killing with the demand in here...

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Yeah.. OP posted a tease and then didn't deliver. And that was 5 months ago. I'd consider buying this if the price was right. Although it may not be too hard to ghetto rig this up yourself. Just splice into the right wires and put a light behind the reflectors. A plug and play set up would be much better though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)