Just installed underglow
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alc156

Thread: Just installed underglow

Greenhorn

Just installed underglow

I always thought it would be funny to put underglow on a car and never bothered until a few days ago. I was too young to have a car back when this was actually a popular trend, but why not bring it back... other than the fact it is illegal in a lot of states.

Just installed underglow-dac23072-2d14-4177-b681-1b83f3e500a2.jpg

Does anyone still do this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Looks like a good way to get pulled over.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Nice picture, btw.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I like it! I was in the late teens early 20s when this fast and the furious stuff took over, so it brings it back a little. I'm on sleeper status, so no under glow for me, but I do like it.

Greenhorn
    Thanks, it is definitely one of the easiest ways to get pulled over. I just never turn it on while driving.
    scottyrocks likes this.

Greenhorn
    i have a 2013 Si Sedan (white) and my 8 years old kid wants me to put underglow on it;
    since you can turn it on and off whenever you want o dont think its a bad idea,

Nooblets
    Looks good. I want to do this to my car, as well. Especially these days, you can get LED strips on eBay so cheaply, compared to the multi-hundred dollar price tags for the actual neon-tube systems that existed when this trend first came out, though I don't know how good the cheaper LED strips are. Another thing is that the original neon tubes required 3000-6000 volts to run, which in turn required transformers. With all of the sensitive computers on a car these days, I'd be very reluctant to put something like that on my car. But the LED strips are just relatively low-current 12 volt circuits.

As far as legality, I guess it varies from state to state. Where I am in Florida, it at least USED to be legal to have the under glow as long as you could not directly see the bulbs, and as long as you were not using red or blue lighting, but it has been quite some time since I checked. I had purple on my last two cars and never got pulled over for it when driving, but again, it has been a while. I'll probably put purple on my Civic.

Greenhorn
    Florida (Miami) is crazyyyyyy about the underglow with the JEEP Wrangler trend, guys have gone wild with the lightning and underglow and all i see police stopping cars is for the LED Bars which I personally hate when they are on in city roads, those things are for off roads or street with no illumination at all and when you see a car coming from far away you have to turn those things off.
    but i see jeeps all the time with the underglow in RGB (they change the color to whatever they want) usually matching the color of the jeep.

regards,

G.

Quote Originally Posted by GOOFY507 View Post
    Florida (Miami) is crazyyyyyy about the underglow with the JEEP Wrangler trend, guys have gone wild with the lightning and underglow and all i see police stopping cars is for the LED Bars which I personally hate when they are on in city roads, those things are for off roads or street with no illumination at all and when you see a car coming from far away you have to turn those things off.
    but i see jeeps all the time with the underglow in RGB (they change the color to whatever they want) usually matching the color of the jeep.

regards,

G.
    For me in the tampa/clearwater/st pete area its not so much jeeps here but lifted trucks with the LEDs and underglow stuff to showoff everything
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)