Braking at over 100 causes shaking/ odd pedal feel - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Braking at over 100 causes shaking/ odd pedal feel

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SICoupe View Post
    Don't drive over 100, problem solved
    You are being too logical. When the answer is so simple and clear, people get confused.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyrocks View Post
    The car is what it is, and apparently you bought a car beneath your needs, at least stock.

If you want to drive over a hunnerd miles-n-hour, get a more high-speed performance oriented car, and head for the track. Or mod the one you have. And head for the track.
    The lease is holding me back from getting rid of the car, which I don't exactly want to do. But once the lease is up I will either buy it out and mod it or get an S2000 CR, or be a broke college grad (most likely). The buyout is set at 13, and 3 year old Si's sell for 18-19k. I bought the car as it made the most sense for a freshman in college; the price was right.
    scottyrocks likes this.

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by northwoodshyun View Post
    You are being too logical. When the answer is so simple and clear, people get confused.
    I don't agree with that. If it is an actual issue with the brakes, the problem could later become present at normal speeds. And it's also kinda of crass to assume/ act as if the Si owners on this forum never/ never should exceed highways speeds while on a highway... I would actually like to root out and solve the problem if possible.. not be limited in the ability to facilitate the cars full capabilities. I want it to work if I were to track the car instead of meeting a sidewall at 100 miles an hour because my brakes failed..

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Like others have stated... You're driving a Civic. Yes, it can do over 100. No, it is built to do so optimally.
    scottyrocks likes this.

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Penuwana View Post
    I don't agree with that. If it is an actual issue with the brakes, the problem could later become present at normal speeds. And it's also kinda of crass to assume/ act as if the Si owners on this forum never/ never should exceed highways speeds while on a highway... I would actually like to root out and solve the problem if possible.. not be limited in the ability to facilitate the cars full capabilities. I want it to work if I were to track the car instead of meeting a sidewall at 100 miles an hour because my brakes failed..
    Just go to your Honda dealer and demonstrate the issue. They will fix it for you; I am sure of it. Just don't kill anyone except for yourself. Just have me as your insurance recipient if you are no longer with us as you speed on Hwy and local roads.

Big Timer!!!
    I can't tell if he is trolling or being dead serious...
    Roadcourse likes this.

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvhs09 View Post
    You got me. I am a troll!

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by northwoodshyun View Post
    Just go to your Honda dealer and demonstrate the issue. They will fix it for you; I am sure of it. Just don't kill anyone except for yourself. Just have me as your insurance recipient if you are no longer with us as you speed on Hwy and local roads.
    "Local" roads? Not everyone has a lack of respect for those around them. If anything I value others lives more than my own but that's how depression is. Who are you to say what I do with my own life so long as it doesn't effect others? There's a huge difference between a connecting highway and an area with houses/ populous near the road. I didn't come to be scrutinized for my actions. And you seem to assume immaturity from me from the fact that I have driven fast on a highway as if most Si owners have never done so themselves. Maybe speeding is just more common in my state but it always seems the majority of people speeding are out of state.. Hell it's not even like that's how I typically drive, never did I make it out to be that I push the car to its limits or act as if I'm on a track when I'm not.. But I live near no tracks, have no wish to drive this car in the state it's in on a track and thus the occasional exertion of the cars ability isn't something I should be grilled for. Thanks though for assuming I am a certain way; in turn you honestly just make yourself out to be an ass even though that appears to be what people here are looking on me as. I wouldn't have bought the top of the line Civic if I didn't intend to drive it how it's intended on occasion..

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by mvhs09 View Post
    Dunno if you're referring to me, I'm just trying to root out the problem before it affects me in normal driving.. northwood on the other hand seems to have some kind of animosity towards me..
    Last edited by Penuwana; 11-08-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: wrong name

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penuwana View Post
    "Local" roads? Not everyone has a lack of respect for those around them. If anything I value others lives more than my own but that's how depression is. Who are you to say what I do with my own life so long as it doesn't effect others? There's a huge difference between a connecting highway and an area with houses/ populous near the road. I didn't come to be scrutinized for my actions. And you seem to assume immaturity from me from the fact that I have driven fast on a highway as if most Si owners have never done so themselves. Maybe speeding is just more common in my state but it always seems the majority of people speeding are out of state.. Hell it's not even like that's how I typically drive, never did I make it out to be that I push the car to its limits or act as if I'm on a track when I'm not.. But I live near no tracks, have no wish to drive this car in the state it's in on a track and thus the occasional exertion of the cars ability isn't something I should be grilled for. Thanks though for assuming I am a certain way; in turn you honestly just make yourself out to be an ass even though that appears to be what people here are looking on me as. I wouldn't have bought the top of the line Civic if I didn't intend to drive it how it's intended on occasion..
    Don't take it so hard, Pen. We often like to do the ol' stick-poke around here.

The jist of the speed criticisms is just concern for you and everyone around you when you triple-digit on public roads. Let's leave it at that.
    Penuwana likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)