Braking at over 100 causes shaking/ odd pedal feel - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

    Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 96
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Braking at over 100 causes shaking/ odd pedal feel

  1. #21
    Big Timer!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    St Paul MN
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Penuwana View Post
    "Local" roads? Not everyone has a lack of respect for those around them. If anything I value others lives more than my own but that's how depression is. Who are you to say what I do with my own life so long as it doesn't effect others? There's a huge difference between a connecting highway and an area with houses/ populous near the road. I didn't come to be scrutinized for my actions. And you seem to assume immaturity from me from the fact that I have driven fast on a highway as if most Si owners have never done so themselves. Maybe speeding is just more common in my state but it always seems the majority of people speeding are out of state.. Hell it's not even like that's how I typically drive, never did I make it out to be that I push the car to its limits or act as if I'm on a track when I'm not.. But I live near no tracks, have no wish to drive this car in the state it's in on a track and thus the occasional exertion of the cars ability isn't something I should be grilled for. Thanks though for assuming I am a certain way; in turn you honestly just make yourself out to be an ass even though that appears to be what people here are looking on me as. I wouldn't have bought the top of the line Civic if I didn't intend to drive it how it's intended on occasion..
    I rest my case. FYI: "affect" is a verb and "effect" is a noun. I am just jealous because you have a top line Civic.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Isle of Langerhan, NY
    Posts
    27,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Penuwana View Post
    Dunno if you're referring to me, I'm just trying to root out the problem before it affects me in normal driving.. northwood on the other hand seems to have some kind of animosity towards me..
    It's not animosity. I can tell by reading it. It's more like incredulity.

    And it shouldn't affect you in normal driving unless you keep doing it and wear stuff out prematurely. As has been pointed out, your car was not designed for that. If you don't want it to 'affect' you, stop doing it. It's really quite simple which is why some folks are have questions about the 'trollness' of the situation.

    How much longer is left on your lease? I ask because maybe you could show some sub-100mph restraint for a while and then get a more capable car that will suit your needs to excessively speed on public highways.
    Squidward likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

  4. #23
    Greenhorn
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by northwoodshyun View Post
    I rest my case. FYI: "affect" is a verb and "effect" is a noun. I am just jealous because you have a top line Civic.
    Trust me I already know about the effect/affect mistake. I don't take lightly to my grammatical gaffes, but I believe the iPhone decided that was the best option.. and also I never driven the normal civic but you aren't missing out on a whole lot.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  6. #24
    Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Isle of Langerhan, NY
    Posts
    27,007
    Whew, I'm glad I'm normal in some way! hahaha
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

  7. #25
    Greenhorn
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyrocks View Post
    It's not animosity. I can tell by reading it. It's more like incredulity.

    And it shouldn't affect you in normal driving unless you keep doing it and wear stuff out prematurely. As has been pointed out, your car was not designed for that. If you don't want it to 'affect' you, stop doing it. It's really quite simple which is why some folks are have questions about the 'trollness' of the situation.

    How much longer is left on your lease? I ask because maybe you could show some sub-100mph restraint for a while and then get a more capable car that will suit your needs to excessively speed on public highways.
    "Suit your needs to excessively speed on the highway." Glad that's what you sum it up as. 2 years. So in your opinion, what is the Si designed for? It's pretty useless to make a car faster than the base car and then not have it be "designed" to acquire the speeds it can. If the car couldn't handle it, or is ill-equipped, you'd think Honda would throw in some restrictions as far as the top speed of the car. And all here are assuming that this isn't an issue when it has once shown particularly abnormal traits? What is a car that is capable of handling speeds of over 100 miles per hour? A Ferrari or something without any practicality or affordability in mind?

  8. #26
    Greenhorn
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyrocks View Post
    Whew, I'm glad I'm normal in some way! hahaha
    This "poke the stick" stuff is just mockery.. Sorry I didn't say "base" or "LX/EX/EX-L/HF/Hybrid".. I don't know, but it seems like people are assuming I'm trying to rustle others jimmies, but it was an honest question and deserves a similar answer. I guess people seem to think it is normal, but the one odd event and the feel afterwards tells me it is anything but normal. I guess I will not be able to find my answer here, but jeez, sorry if my question offended anyone..

  9. #27
    Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Isle of Langerhan, NY
    Posts
    27,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Penuwana View Post
    "Suit your needs to excessively speed on the highway." Glad that's what you sum it up as. 2 years. So in your opinion, what is the Si designed for? It's pretty useless to make a car faster than the base car and then not have it be "designed" to acquire the speeds it can. If the car couldn't handle it, or is ill-equipped, you'd think Honda would throw in some restrictions as far as the top speed of the car. And all here are assuming that this isn't an issue when it has once shown particularly abnormal traits? What is a car that is capable of handling speeds of over 100 miles per hour? A Ferrari or something without any practicality or affordability in mind?
    Okay, look, up until this point I had given you the benefit of the doubt. But this post of yours is ridiculous.

    According to your logic, no car should go faster than its least capable system can handle, whether it be braking or handling, as in turning. Well, I've got news for you. Most cars manufactured today can go faster than their least capable system can handle. You're being unreasonable.

    The driver has to be responsible enough to drive any car in question in a safe, practical way that more or less aligns with public road practices. 100+mph does not align in a safe way with public road practices.

    If you're not trolling, you do have an, um, 'interesting' viewpoint on this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

  10. #28
    Greenhorn
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyrocks View Post
    Okay, look, up until this point I had given you the benefit of the doubt. But this post of yours is ridiculous.

    According to your logic, no car should go faster than its least capable system can handle, whether it be braking or handling, as in turning. Well, I've got news for you. Most cars manufactured today can go faster than their least capable system can handle. You're being unreasonable.

    The driver has to be responsible enough to drive any car in question in a safe, practical way that more or less aligns with public road practices. 100+mph does not align in a safe way with public road practices.

    If you're not trolling, you do have an, um, 'interesting' viewpoint on this.
    Well hell, you seem to have a ton of ability to assume the capabilities, or lack there of, of a car you do not own. I realize that 100 mph is excessive on a populated highway. If you think I'm passing/ careening around cars at those speeds you are out of your whits. I realize cars have their weaker points, but brakes should not be one of them, especially in the car which was leased to me as a "trackable car" according to the salesman. Now don't take that as in I didn't research my purchase, but people tend to over-inflate what this car is.

    We all here assume it's the shortcomings of the brakes, and in a way it is. But these shortcomings should not cause shaking or a stuck brake pad. I have had the car for 9 months now and drive it as most others would except for, shoot me, the few times where it is safe and my will is to do otherwise. You shouldn't have to worry about brakes failing at 100 mph, a speed which is not even all that high in this day and age (from a mechanical standpoint).. I feel expecting the car not to violently shake and leave me with a stuck pad while braking from speeds it can obtain is not too much to ask for. But fine, it appears the car I bought is a Geo Metro, right?

    But hell if I just lied, thus breaking forum rules, and said that I experienced this on a track people would actually care to answer the question instead of condemn me. But in any case, I don't know why I would come on here just to "be a troll" about things; I can't see why anyone would. I have a life.. Rule 14 even states that while they prefer these things be kept on a track, it understands that people like to push their cars. I'm not coming on here to gloat about street racing or drifting up an on-ramp. Maybe you fail to realize that from conception of this thread you have not, but once, stopped from scrutinizing me. I could get that if I had made it clear I have a disregard for those around me.

    Also, why does C/D run the thing around a track if it is not capable of doing so? You got more people abusing this cars inabilities, or at least what you see as inability, then just me. They kinda set the scene for what the car is/supposed to be.

  11. #29
    Big Timer!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    St Paul MN
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Penuwana View Post
    Trust me I already know about the effect/affect mistake. I don't take lightly to my grammatical gaffes, but I believe the iPhone decided that was the best option.. and also I never driven the normal civic but you aren't missing out on a whole lot.
    So with this logic (i.e., blaming iPhone for effect/affect error), are you going to blame it on your brakes when you crash and hurt someone? We are only talking about you and not other Si owners to be clear.

  12. #30
    Greenhorn
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by northwoodshyun View Post
    So with this logic (i.e., blaming iPhone for effect/affect error), are you going to blame it on your brakes when you crash and hurt someone? We are only talking about you and not other Si owners to be clear.
    What speeds are we talking? Normal speeds? If the direct cause of me being in an accident is that my brakes fail to work, then yes I would. If they failed to work at an "excessive speed" I would be at fault just as much as the brakes would. Now, that's to assume I would put myself in a position where hurting someone else is possible as a cause of my actions. I have stated many times now that would not be the case. And also with that last sentence you have, I never was saying "all" or a "majority" but people buy this car over the base model/lx/any other model for a reason and we all know the boy-racer intent of the car which Honda emphasizes. But you know, me having an issue with my phone doesn't equate to any "logic" about me. You have no knowledge of me, who I am or how I act.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 honda civic si shaking while accelerating
    By NguyenerSi in forum Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-08-2018, 10:26 AM
  2. Tire leaning inward, wheel shaking, any helpp??
    By Joeya77s in forum Drivetrain Problems
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2017, 11:14 AM
  3. 2013 Si slight vibration feel in clutch pedal when revs drop.
    By dwstevens.com in forum Drivetrain Problems
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-17-2015, 02:37 PM
  4. '13 Civic Si shaking at high speed/cold weather
    By nb4927 in forum Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 12:01 PM
  5. gas pedal sit level with the brake pedal
    By 2012CivicSiSunburst in forum Interior Problems
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 11:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2