bluetooth malfunction anyone?
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: bluetooth malfunction anyone?

bluetooth malfunction anyone?

I'd like to know if anyone here has had problems or sporadic malfunctions of their bluetooth system?

Phones connect as always, I can make or receive calls,.. only sometimes, the person at the other end can't hear me. the problem may occur right away after accepting an incoming call say, where i pick up, hear the people talk, i talk but they can't hear me. sometimes everything works fine for 5minutes, then all of a sudden, same thing, people at the other end can't hear me. as if the mic was defective.

anyone's had this problem ?
    '13 Si HFP - - '03 CBR600RR

K24Z7 crew member #599
    HFP crew member #99

'13 CRF250L - '12 LX coupe - '11 DXG coupe - '06 DX coupe (x2) - '03 DX sedan - '98 LX sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Super Mod's Pet The Engine Room's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaspeed12 View Post
    Have you tried a different phone?
    Immature: A word boring people use to describe fun people.

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    I haven't had that problem in the car but I've had this problem when talking on the phone when not in the car. So this may not be a Bluetooth problem, it could be the carrier.
    14 Si Coupe
    Dyno Blue Pearl

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

...interesting... the problem has only ever happened via bluetooth in the car, hence the reason why I assume the car the be the issue. its always worked fine with that very phone for 1.5 yrs now, just weird that all of a sudden I'm starting to have this issue. sigh...

K24Z7 crew member #599
    HFP crew member #99

'13 CRF250L - '12 LX coupe - '11 DXG coupe - '06 DX coupe (x2) - '03 DX sedan - '98 LX sedan

I had an odd issue last week. Phone auto connected as usual. I turned the stereo on, which defaults to Aux, to stream some Google All Play music. Old song came on and there was no left channel. Skipped a few songs and all the same. Tried adjusting the balance and the left channel was dead. Rebooting the phone did not help. I disconnected the phone and deleted it form the car's system. Then I went to install it again. Noticed the car's voice that walks you through the process was pretty garbled. I just continued as I knew the setup instructions anyway. Got it set up and still had no left channel. As a last resort I shut the car off, waited a minute and restarted it. Bingo! Everything back to normal, except now I had to re-enter all of my voice dial numbers again. Should have tried shutting the car off first. Was about ready to call the dealer. Hasn't happened since.

Update: I would add that sometimes turning on the stereo does not launch the Android music app automatically even after it says the phone is connected. I just get a blank screen. If I launch it from the phone at that point the music will start so it is indeed connected. Other times it will show the last song that was playing, but not play the song and the steering wheel controls do not work. Turning off the car and restarting usually gets it back in working order. Honda really needs a software/firmware update to better communicate with Android phones.
    Last edited by patruns; 01-31-2015 at 12:58 PM.

October 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner ChitownCivic's Avatar
    I don't know, but mine has been acting up for sometime now. It usually sounds very static-ish when im using the blue-tooth feature. One thing that might be responsible is perhaps Led bulbs in the map lights? I have two there, and im wondering if that has to do with the bad microphone quality. My warranty is up too

Greenhorn
    My 2012 just started having an issue last night as well. It hooks up fine and will stream music / sound, but no longer has my calls run through the car, only through my phone (Iphone 6+) when hooked to bluetooth. Day before it would show up on my navi, and play through the speakers just fine. I don't even have the option in my phone to choose to send call audio to my car or Iphone how I used to.
    Rallye Red 2012 Civic SI Sedan & 2011 CBP CR-Z & 1964 Chevrolet C10 Longbox Fleet
    *Zach @ Sonic Motor* - Deals and steals on all parts - Hidden Content

...interesting update ... my voice command functions also doesn't work. I mean, it works but the car can't hear or assess anything i say. as if the microphone wouldnt work. starting to sound like the microphone is ******. no voice command can be heard or processed,.. and the bluetooth system works, and i can hear people, only they can't hear me. .. so, microphone is probably ******. its going in for next scheduled maintenance next week... see what they say...

K24Z7 crew member #599
    HFP crew member #99

Nooblets
    My music cuts in and out when I'm on the highway or when I hit a bump on the road. It goes back to normal after I unlock the screen and change adjust the volume on my phone.
    As for voice quality I haven't had any issues with that.

Quote Originally Posted by hondaspeed12 View Post
    I'd like to know if anyone here has had problems or sporadic malfunctions of their bluetooth system?

Phones connect as always, I can make or receive calls,.. only sometimes, the person at the other end can't hear me. the problem may occur right away after accepting an incoming call say, where i pick up, hear the people talk, i talk but they can't hear me. sometimes everything works fine for 5minutes, then all of a sudden, same thing, people at the other end can't hear me. as if the mic was defective.

Is your phone on the Hands Free Link approved list?

Has the phone received any firmware or software updates recently?

How is the battery?
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)