Hello everyone,
We bought our '13 Civic LX one year ago. We really love it, but this week it started acting up a bit.

A bit of background info: the engine cover front plate (74114-TR0-A00) was missing when we bought the car, and the front part (74110-TR3-A20) of the engine cover broke away some time ago.
This week we got really bad weather up in southern Quebec, and that resulted in some snow accumulating under what's left of the engine cover.. Long story short, more plastic breaks away, and the rear plate (74115-TR3-A20) bent a bit. I don't know if this is related to my problem, but there you go.

Also, I changed my battery last week.

Yesterday while I was driving, the ABS, VSA and power steering warning indicators came on. I took her to a heated garage and couldn't see anything wrong, so I reseated the battery terminals, cleared the codes with the paperclip trick, and all seemed ok.

Today all the indicators came on again, so I think there's really an issue. The code that the ABS light flashes is 1-7, which I believe is a short on a rear wheel ABS sensor. The EPS flashes the code 8-5, which I couldn't din anywhere on the internet.

I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I like finding out how things work.

Where would you recommend I start looking? Where is the ABS sensor, and how would I go about checking for the short?