'15 Si Clutch Fluid Levels
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: '15 Si Clutch Fluid Levels

Greenhorn

'15 Si Clutch Fluid Levels

Hi everyone... i tried my best to search around for this answer so, apologies in advance.

I have a 2015 Si.... bought the car with 62,500km on it about 6 months ago. I was never really a fan of how the car shifted but i managed pretty decent regardless. Had the transmission fluid maintenance done at 63,000 km right after purchase. It would take a little extra effort to carefully change gears when colder... going into 6th especially was a pretty firm pull in my opinion but not excessive. Certainly not like butter though.

Car currently has 73,000 on it and couple days ago was under the hood and saw clutch fluid level was in between MIN and MAX so i topped it up. I mean... car didn't even take an ounce i would bet... since then the shifting has improved literally 100%.

Are these cars really that sensitive to this fluid level?

Thanks for thoughts and input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Hows the look of the fluid is it clearish or discolored? It might just be because there was some fresh fluid entering the mix. Id honestly flush it out and put all fresh fluid in
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

Greenhorn
    Thanks @12FG... Thats the weird part. Fluid looked pretty good. Overall very clean. Might get it done anyhow at next service. Everything on the car is 100% as per Honda recommendations, no mods anywhere.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

All it is is brake fluid and its supposed to be good for years and years to come but stuff happens. Just makes me think if it was low like that between min and max that maybe theres a slight leak and maybe some contaminates is getting in so thats why i asked how it looked too. Can never be too safe and doesnt hurt to over maintain your car
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

Greenhorn
    appreciate the input... i'll keep an eye on the level and condition of the fluid for the next few weeks and see how it goes for sure. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HLN A55 View Post
    Hi everyone... i tried my best to search around for this answer so, apologies in advance.

I have a 2015 Si.... bought the car with 62,500km on it about 6 months ago. I was never really a fan of how the car shifted but i managed pretty decent regardless. Had the transmission fluid maintenance done at 63,000 km right after purchase. It would take a little extra effort to carefully change gears when colder... going into 6th especially was a pretty firm pull in my opinion but not excessive. Certainly not like butter though.

Car currently has 73,000 on it and couple days ago was under the hood and saw clutch fluid level was in between MIN and MAX so i topped it up. I mean... car didn't even take an ounce i would bet... since then the shifting has improved literally 100%.

Are these cars really that sensitive to this fluid level?

Thanks for thoughts and input.
    Short answer: no.
    Not to diminish your experience, but placebo comes to mind...

Check the shift cables where they are attached to the transmission for wear and/or corrosion.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

Greenhorn
    Thanks Teeps... will investigate there as well.

Appreciate there might be some doubt as to the impact i'm claiming after adding the fluid but before i added the fluid, the car was also hard to downshift somewhat if i didn't rev match/heel and toe. I do this as a matter of habit regardless as a result of a lot of laps at the road courses so i never really minded. If i didn't heel and toe, there would be a slight resistance and very small notchy/grinding feeling. After adding the fluid, this is also gone.

Nooblets
    Is that normal for the clutch fluid to be at the halfway mark like that? My '15 is is at 34k miles and showing clutch fluid at the half mark

Quote Originally Posted by saa2903 View Post
    Is that normal for the clutch fluid to be at the halfway mark like that? My '15 is is at 34k miles and showing clutch fluid at the half mark
    Maybe...
    The hydraulic clutch actuation system is self adjusting. So it would not be unusual for the fluid level to lower as the clutch friction disk wears.
    How much the level drops with normal wear of the friction disk, I do not know.

However, a '15 model year car is now over due for brake fluid replacement, including clutch system.
    At which time the clutch fluid level should be at the full line.
    The service brake level should be returned to the level it was before the fluid was replaced. Unless new brake pads (4 wheels) were installed. Then the level should be set to the full line.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

Teeps do these cars run Dot3 or Dot4?
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)