TPMS Sensor (who has replaced for dead battery?) - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

    Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: TPMS Sensor (who has replaced for dead battery?)

  1. #11
    Platinum Member Teeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    2,707
    Quote Originally Posted by gregechevarria View Post
    No, only replace as needed. You could have one go out and the other 3 go for years. If any are currently dead, yes, it does make sense to replace the non functioning sensors druing tire changing. In VA.
    Thanks for your reply.
    For some reason it has escaped me until today.
    I got similar insights from the local Honda Service Center.

    My cuz got her tires, last month, and opted to replace all the senors as part of the deal.
    Yeah, it was an expensive tire change....
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...


  2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Top Dawg!! bfaided1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    For some reason it has escaped me until today.
    I got similar insights from the local Honda Service Center.

    My cuz got her tires, last month, and opted to replace all the senors as part of the deal.
    Yeah, it was an expensive tire change....
    Ain't lying about that. Broke two of mine the other day swapping wheels.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

  4. #13
    Nooblets gregechevarria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gregechevarria View Post
    No, only replace as needed. You could have one go out and the other 3 go for years. If any are currently dead, yes, it does make sense to replace the non functioning sensors druing tire changing. In VA.
    Thanks for your reply.
    For some reason it has escaped me until today.
    I got similar insights from the local Honda Service Center.

    My cuz got her tires, last month, and opted to replace all the senors as part of the deal.
    Yeah, it was an expensive tire change....
    I bet, sensors arent cheap.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Nooblets gregechevarria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by bfaided1984 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gregechevarria View Post
    So Im not sure what tool, I go to work in a few hours and I can post pictures. The sensors are new from autel. We used to have 4 different ones, 315MHz both metal and rubber stem, and then 433MHz metal and rubber. Now they make a dual frequency sensor so it would be just choosing between a rubber or metal valve stem. Again I can post pics when I get to work today. I prefer rubber stems to metal ones. Cant tell you how many stupid metal stems I replace throughout a work week. They just corrode and end up leaking. Rubber is much cheaper and easier to replace if they go bad.
    Those dual frequency sensors save a lot of headache.
    Theyre literally the best thing Ive ever encountered, stricly from a work standpoint. no more figuring out what frequency to use b.s. just program and go!

  7. #15
    Platinum Member Teeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    2,707
    Quote Originally Posted by gregechevarria View Post
    I bet, sensors arent cheap.
    I think they were MSRP $42 a piece; they did install the new sensors as part of the tire replacement for $80.
    Then charged another $110 for programming... and another $100 for an alignment, IMO, that the car did not need; OE tire wear was even.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...


  8. #16
    Top Dawg!! bfaided1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    I think they were MSRP $42 a piece; they did install the new sensors as part of the tire replacement for $80.
    Then charged another $110 for programming... and another $100 for an alignment, IMO, that the car did not need; OE tire wear was even.
    Damn $110 for programming? That should be part of doing the tires IMO. Alignment is worth doing twice a year in my opinion. Way to many potholes where I am to not get it checked.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

  9. #17
    Platinum Member Teeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    2,707
    Quote Originally Posted by bfaided1984 View Post
    Damn $110 for programming? That should be part of doing the tires IMO.
    Agree!
    But the excuse they use is "but we have to connect the scan tool to the car", there is a minimum charge for that...
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...


  10. #18
    Nooblets gregechevarria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bfaided1984 View Post
    Damn $110 for programming? That should be part of doing the tires IMO.
    Agree!
    But the excuse they use is "but we have to connect the scan tool to the car", there is a minimum charge for that...
    Thats absolute bullshit. programming isnt a 100 dollar job at all. takes 10 min max.

  11. #19
    Platinum Member Teeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    2,707
    Quote Originally Posted by gregechevarria View Post
    Thats absolute bullshit. programming isnt a 100 dollar job at all. takes 10 min max.
    At the end of the day my cuz is happy with the deal.

    I'm not; but I didn't pay the bill either.
    Last edited by Teeps; 07-13-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...


  12. #20
    Nooblets gregechevarria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by bfaided1984 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    For some reason it has escaped me until today.
    I got similar insights from the local Honda Service Center.

    My cuz got her tires, last month, and opted to replace all the senors as part of the deal.
    Yeah, it was an expensive tire change....
    Ain't lying about that. Broke two of mine the other day swapping wheels.

    Have any pics of new shoes???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2