Limp mode/misfire code
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MikesFB6
  • 1 Post By Notarobot

Thread: Limp mode/misfire code

Limp mode/misfire code

So my 2012 civic si keeps going into limp mode after having it at redline. Once i cycle the ignition the car is fine. It throwing misfire cyl 1,3,4. I did just have the clutch changed but it is just a cheap oem replacement. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

someone mentioned earlier that their previous car had a bad coil pack and it would do this only when running the car hard.

if it were mine, i'd quit redlining it. but, to each their own.
    hiding from those who might be looking for me

POP Crew #61

2014 Black EX
    20% Global Tint
    Curt 1 1/4" receiver
    Weathertech In-channel visors

Hidden Content

Do you have anything done to the car? Intake exhaust, tune that sort of thing?
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarobot View Post
    So my 2012 civic si keeps going into limp mode after having it at redline. Once i cycle the ignition the car is fine. It throwing misfire cyl 1,3,4. I did just have the clutch changed but it is just a cheap oem replacement. Any ideas?
    Well hitting the rev limiter would cut injection pulse. You must hold it up there for some time to register misfire codes.
    bfaided1984 likes this.

Its bone stock
    bfaided1984 likes this.

How many miles are on it?
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

When you had the clutch changed, did they swap the flywheel as well? I'd *STRONGLY* suspect this has something to do with your clutch job regardless. The engine misfire detection is thrown off if the rotating mass of the flywheel is changed... Also possible something wasn't put back right/is loose.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)