2015 Si - Misfire Issue P0302
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2015 Si - Misfire Issue P0302

Greenhorn

2015 Si - Misfire Issue P0302

I just bought this vehicle about over 2 months now. Second owner, purchased from a dealership.

The first time I noticed the issue after a few weeks of driving since purchased. When it was idle from either cold start or normal driving, there was noticeable backfiring from the exhaust. It started to increase as the days passed then one day the TPMS came on, right after I got a CEL and more alerts with Power Steering, VSA. I plugged in my ODBII reader and it indicated P0302 and P0328. Took it to the Dealer and they cleared the codes and did a Crank pattern relearn as explained by the Service Advisor. I drove it off the lot and it seem fine.

A few days later, that exhaust backfiring starting up again... and what do ya know. All the same codes came back on a week after it started backfiring. So at this point, something else has to be wrong for it to repeat the codes and them just clearing it did nothing to fix the issue.

Anyone else encountered this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    There are literally dozens of reason why a vehicle can be misfiring.

Take it in for a diagnosis.

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFIVER View Post
    There are literally dozens of reason why a vehicle can be misfiring.

Take it in for a diagnosis.
    Took it into Dealership. Their tech did a compression and leak down test and nothing wrong. They are stumped as well. Now they are going to reach out to Honda tech group for more suggestions to help them out. Looks like car is gonna be in the shop for days.
    Last edited by kingkaus; 07-30-2019 at 07:08 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

How many miles on the car? Any modifications?
    P0328 points to the knock sensor. Was this code diagnosed? Check your wiring to make sure nothing is frayed or broken.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
    How many miles on the car? Any modifications?
    P0328 points to the knock sensor. Was this code diagnosed? Check your wiring to make sure nothing is frayed or broken.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    about 70280 mi. no mods other than cosmetics. code was found using my odb2 and also dealer saw it first time I took it to them. right now it is in their hands to check everything else out since the leak down and compression found no issue and they checked the wires and spark already.

Greenhorn
    did they swap plugs and coils and injectors to see if the misfire moved? not really sure how a misfire could stump them.

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz3n! View Post
    did they swap plugs and coils and injectors to see if the misfire moved? not really sure how a misfire could stump them.
    Update on that. They have swapped out the plug and coil. So far I have been driving it for about a week now and so far no random misfiring yet. I hope that was just the issue.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)