2015 civic si NEW clutch kit.
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2015 civic si NEW clutch kit.

Greenhorn

2015 civic si NEW clutch kit.

So i have about 65k miles on my 2015 civic si and recently had to replace the clutch and i replaced it with the duralast kit that autozone sells but the car has been acting funny ever since i got it back from the mechanic. The car hesitates and jumps a little when it starts to move from a dead stop after replacing the spark plugs and injectors i did some research and found that the fly wheel that comes with that kit may be lighter than the oem one and might need a tune. If anyone has any answers or is going thru similar problem please let me know. Im really not looking forward to having to buy hondata right now just for the clutch thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Yes, another user had the same problem with that brand. You will need an oem flywheel or you can disable the misfire detection via flashpro.

See posts by notarobot
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...0&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dpetro1; 08-19-2019 at 08:25 PM.

I have a 2012. Just went through having issues with a duralast clutch. My car was going into limp mode in between 5-7k rpm because of the clutch
    Scroll down through the mechanical problems until you find the thred that says "intermittent safe mode" that should give you some answers. Short and skinny, get all honda genuine clutch parts. Its about $1200 or so but it is worth it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)