Brakes - Page 2
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Brakes

Was the seal that was torn on the caliper (hydraulic piston) or the sliding pin part? Could be loose lug nuts too...easy check.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypc View Post
    When I hit my brakes the wheel shakes and when I get to lower speeds I hear what sounds like a rough sound. Would this be my rotors? I know the inside camper seal is ripped but not leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What many call "warped rotors" is actually parallelism. Warped rotors are a misconception spread by ignorant mechanics(past and present) and joe public. While technically it is possibly for the hat of the rotor to warp,it is virtually impossible to warp the disc itself, on a vehicle.

The brake pad bed-in procedure, quality pads, lug nut torque and proper lubrication of the brake hardware are critical to preventing parallelism.

Have the rotors resurfaced and replace the pads with a quality pad(Honda,Akebono,Nissin...etc...) Torque the wheels and follow a proper bed in procedure(basically no hard or panic stops for at least 200 miles)

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thgensifamily View Post
    Was the seal that was torn on the caliper (hydraulic piston) or the sliding pin part? Could be loose lug nuts too...easy check.
    It was on the hydraulic piston but it wasn’t leaking

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Big Timer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFIVER View Post
    What many call "warped rotors" is actually parallelism. Warped rotors are a misconception spread by ignorant mechanics(past and present) and joe public. While technically it is possibly for the hat of the rotor to warp,it is virtually impossible to warp the disc itself, on a vehicle.

The brake pad bed-in procedure, quality pads, lug nut torque and proper lubrication of the brake hardware are critical to preventing parallelism.

Have the rotors resurfaced and replace the pads with a quality pad(Honda,Akebono,Nissin...etc...) Torque the wheels and follow a proper bed in procedure(basically no hard or panic stops for at least 200 miles)
    The car has powerstop pads and powerstop drilled and slotted rotors. I’ll call around and see who cuts them. Do you have a diagram possibly of the correct grease points and the correct grease?

If your talking about the rubber seal for the pins. They come as a kit sometimes with the pads. Just make sure what's in the box before you buy. And yes warped rotors if it shakes while braking.

Nvm I take what I said back. Didn't know there was a second page lol. I had power stop before and it felt worse than oem.
    pimpmypc likes this.

Greenhorn
    Rule number 1 remove wheels and inspect brakes on both sides.
    pimpmypc likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)