Brakes
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Brakes

Big Timer!!!

Brakes

When I hit my brakes the wheel shakes and when I get to lower speeds I hear what sounds like a rough sound. Would this be my rotors? I know the inside camper seal is ripped but not leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypc View Post
    When I hit my brakes the wheel shakes and when I get to lower speeds I hear what sounds like a rough sound. Would this be my rotors? I know the inside camper seal is ripped but not leaking.

Sounds like bad rotors and possibly warped too
    Follw me on IG: fl_fg4

205 whp
    174 wtq
    Tuned by John Vega at Phearable

Big Timer!!!
    How would I know if the calipers are bad? Could calipers cause them to warp? I have the powerstop aftermarket rotors and pads on now. It’s gotten worse. I’m going back to Honda rotors and pads next, I’ve never had a problem with them and they lasted a long time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

When you changed brakes, did you lube caliper pins? If you didn't touch them, they could be seized. This is especially true if you had a hard time getting your calipers over the rotors. Kinda hard to mess up turning a rotor on a lathe, it can be done but HAS to be very uncommon.

Nooblets
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypc View Post

Definitely replace that seal...

2015 FB6 DBP Si

Hidden Content

Big Timer!!!
    Yes the pins were greased. I might as well just replace the calipers then mess with the seals. Is that something that has to be oem or can aftermarket work?

Nooblets
    Steering wheel shaking is often the rotors warped. Other times it could be a bad control arm bushing. You’ll know if the caliper is bad since it will he seized. You can tell by one side of the brake pads has worn way more than the other.

2015 FB6 DBP Si

Hidden Content

Big Timer!!!
    What is the correct way to check the control arm bushings? I did a visual and didn’t notice anything. I also just greased my sway bar links. Does anyone have the service manual for putting on rotors and pads and grease points?

Nooblets
    You would have to look for tips on the bushings. You can google torn lower control arm bushings and that should give you an indication of what to look for.

Sway bar bushings shouldn’t cause steering wheel vibrations under braking. Do you mind taking pictures of your brakes especially around the caliper pins and what torn seal you have

2015 FB6 DBP Si

Hidden Content

Big Timer!!!
    I’d have to have my friend take them off it might be a little wait. The rubber seal was ripped. The pins got plenty of grease because I did one side when my friend helped me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)