civic mk9 locking and alarm and warning lights
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: civic mk9 locking and alarm and warning lights

Greenhorn

civic mk9 locking and alarm and warning lights

mk9 2.2idtec alarm went off at night unlock and locked it.3am went off again struggled to turn off wouldn't relock,went out later started ok then all the warning lights came on traction control,boot open,doors open steering fail,tyre pressures,engine management,scanned it p0504 powertrain,checked braklight switch fine,cleared code ,engine management light still on rest cleared ,went 3 miles all lights back on ,scanned again p0504powertrainscanned all units no faults,if I try lock it on remote sometimes it locks but goes off after a couple of minuites,if I lock with key it locks but indicators start to flash ,it will still unlock with key and drives fine any ideas thanks before I burn it

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    The first question with electrical problems is always how old the battery is.
    Teeps likes this.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by scottyrocks View Post
    The first question with electrical problems is always how old the battery is.
    Yup a low battery creates all sorts of chaos with these cars.
    Whenever I'm suffering from Insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off.
    INSTAGRAM: that_stock_fb6

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

The real question is why does this car have an aftermarket alarm?
    fahnix likes this.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

Nooblets
    Are you sure he's talking about an aftermarket alarm? I was wondering if it could be aftermarket, but if I'm reading his post correctly, he could very well be describing symptoms of the factory alarm. But I also agree with checking the battery. Put a digital voltmeter on it when these symptoms are occurring, without starting the car, and see what the voltage is. I know a low-voltage battery can cause crazy things to happen with an aftermarket alarm. I would think it could also affect the factory one, as well.
    Last edited by NightFlyer; 10-17-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Greenhorn
    the battery is new from honda 3 months ago and fitted by them,voltage checked in morning 12.33,and this wouldn't cause all the warning lights to be on when the car is running,with 14.1 volts ,the alarm is factory,it has been scanned 3 times and p0504 powertrain is the only code,the brake light switch has been replaced,it has been raining for a few days and this has never happened before it stopped raining yesterday and now after a few hours all but one of the faults have gone ,which is boot open this only comes on when I set off from a standstill,ive checked everwhere and there is no water in the car anywhere in the boot or engine bay,the ecu plugs have been checked and are dry and clean, is there a common earth fault maybe,the car has done 54000 miles,its not the alarm that's the main thing its the fact that all the warning lights were on but the car ran fine

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    civic mk9 locking and alarm and warning lights-gremlin_justright.jpg
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

What is mk9 2.2idtec?

Where in the world are you located?
    Car:
    year?
    model?
    trim level?

Here is a list of "P" dtcs listed on Honda Service Express.
    There is no P0504 dtc listed.

civic mk9 locking and alarm and warning lights-capture.jpg
    scottyrocks likes this.
    Go here: Hidden Content
    Because misinformation is far worse; than NO information...

Greenhorn
    UK,honda civic 2.2 IDTEC ex 2012,p0504 powertrain

Nooblets
    I'm guessing the "mk9" means mark 9, or 9th generation?

The only thing that comes to mind about all the warning lights coming on is that, typically, when you turn on the key of most cars without starting the engine, all the warning lights come on so you can see that the bulbs/LED's are working. This is pure speculation, but maybe something in the car is tripping this circuit/condition even after the car is running? Maybe something in the ignition switch? Again, just guessing here.
    Teeps likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now