The VSA/ABS/Emissions/Power Steering Lights thread - Page 3
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The VSA/ABS/Emissions/Power Steering Lights thread

Civic LX coupe sputtering and getting a CE light. [empty]

I recently installed a cai on my 2012 Civic LX coupe. I went with one of the 3" kits and some spare 3" pipes from Autozone, and I'm using a Spectre air filter. About 60 miles after the installation I got a Check Engine light, and the iMID displayed "Check Emission System." I took it to Autozone and had the code checked and it said that my engine was running lean. The guy at Autozone didn't know much about the newer 2012 systems so I'm running a little blind here. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Sounds like you increased air flow enough with your CAI install to go outside the ability of your ecu to keep the proper air/fuel ratio and that triggered the code that was read. This is not that uncommon.
    2012 Civic Si Coupe CBP

Freedom and Liberty For ALL! (some restrictions apply, must be over 18, not available in some states)

K24Z7 Crew Member #30
    High Milers Club Founding Member

Alright, is there any way to either limit the airflow or get my air/fuel ratio back on track? I've noticed some stuttering of the engine when I have the accelerator pressed down pretty far, but only when it's revving at 3,000 rpm, and this occurs in every gear.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Check emission system[empty]

Took my new 2012 SI sedan to the dealer-recommended window tinter today. When I turned it on to drive it home, I got two errors: "Check Emission System," and "Check VSA system." I turned it off, turned it back on, got the same two errors again.

Went back into the shop, asked what happened. They told me my batter died while they were working on the car and they had to jumpstart it. They said they saw the errors, called the dealer, and were told it would go away.

I drove it home, noticed that the dash lights were pretty dim, but it drove okay. About 20 miles later I got home, turned it off, then turned it back off--no error codes this time.

What does all of this mean? Is this just low voltage shenanigans, or has the electric system compromised something? Any recommendations?

??? getting a window tint that came with check engine light? Something is fishy.
    ***08/08/11 - I got my 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.Hidden Content ***

*2nd 9thGenCivic.Com Member with a 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan.* 1st is 67cougar.

- 2012 Rally Red Honda Civic Si Sedan (Current)
    - 2003 Satin Silver Metallic Honda Civic Si Hatchback (Sold)
    - 1994 Pard Blue Green Pearl Acura Integra GSR Coupe (Stolen/Totaled)
    - 1992 Super White Toyota Corolla DX Sedan (Totaled)

I'm thinking it has to do with the draining and jumping of the battery. They insisted they only used water and film on the windows and didn't touch the rest of the car.

more then likely cuz it was low voltage is probably why your lights came on, oil pressure sensors are popular for doing that when they are either shitty or just not getting enough power to them (low voltage)
    "If at first you dont succeed then skydiving isn't for you"

2003 Dodge Neon (SX2.0) .... 1st car
    2012 Civic SI Taffeta White
    K24Z7 Crew Member #16
    Ontario 9THGEN Crew #16

I think you're right. No error messages today. I kinda think the red accents around the speedometer don't show up as well as before, but it has been kind of bright, and I may just be a hypochondriac.

Same thing happened to me when they tinted my car. They kept the key in and in the on position (bit car wasn't on) so they could use the windows. This made the drl turn on and kill my battery. Got the same errors as you. After a day it went away and no issuers since then.

Sent from my Desire HD

May 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner Winnn420's Avatar
    Good to know, I won't worry when I get the errors after my first battery craps out...or if an installer does the same thing

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    2012 Taffeta White Civic Si Coupe

K24Z7 CREW MEMBER #80 **

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)