The VSA/ABS/Emissions/Power Steering Lights thread
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The VSA/ABS/Emissions/Power Steering Lights thread

The VSA/ABS/Emissions/Power Steering Lights thread

This evening I started up my car as I usually do. Two warning lights came on: Check Brake System and Check Emissions System. I drove the car for a short distance. Turned the vehicle off and then restarted it. The Check Brake System disappeared, but the Check Emissions System came on again. It shows up whenever I start the car. There is no indication of any type of malfunction (no weird noises, etc.).

Does anyone have ideas on what I should check? I read through the owner's manual, but it was not helpful (surprise). It said that it may be due to the fuel refill cap not being tightened. I did check this (the cap was tight). I restarted the car and the warning light still appeared.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

take it to dealership? it should be covered warranty
    2012 honda civic lx 4 door
    1994 acura integra gsr sedan, k20a2 full swap
    FB2 Squad #89
    8th gen tein flex coilover, 18x8 +30mm offset, hybrid deck lid,
    build thread:
    Hidden Content

Yeah I occasionally get the break system error and just restart my car and it goes away

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    2012 Civic Sedan EX in Dyno Blue Pearl V1
    Have:
    LED Dome, License, DTRL, and Trunk lights; Morimoto Mini H1 with 6000k bulbs; Dual Accord Horn upgrade;
    Soon:
    Full Stereo Overhaul, Seat Covers, light overlays, led dtrls, hid backup lights, black grill.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Had the Check Emission Light on and off for a few thousand miles... And by that i mean, it would come on, and go out within 100 miles, but then show up again. Been a lot going on and FINALLY got it to a dealer that could look at it in a timely manner.

Ill have to check my paperwork (when i can find it, just moved), but it had something to do with a "fuel mixture too lean" issue, i think a sensor. They reset the light and told me nothing they could do until it comes on again, if it does. Has been a couple weeks, still doing fine. They said if it comes on again, they can proceed to look deeper into the issue.
    -2012 Civic EX Sedan-
    -Polished Metal Metallic-
    9thGen Member ID: 969

Have you checked your gas cap? If it didn't get turned until it clicks you can get an emission system warning. I have no idea about the brake warning though.

Happened Again...Fuel mixture too lean code. Honda had it hooked up to the computer and history and live data were all good. No explaination. "Senior Tech" at Dealer talked to the Honda Tech Help Line...they are reviewing data. So Now Honda is looking into it...

MAYBE A FIX! Just before returning the car to me, the "Senior Tech" was checking EVERYTHING. Found a hose to the intake manifold was not hooked up. It was near the air filter they said. This was either a pretty big error on the manufacturers part, or it has come loose since ownership (shouldn't). The other explanation was it being accidentally or intentionally disconnected by someone. I have told everyone about the terrible service i got at a competing dealership, who i honestly suspect may be at fault here.

Anyway, have your dealer check those hoses. It was in the right place, just not clamped down, so the air/fuel mix in the intake manifold was wrong i guess. From a non-car guy looking at it you wouldnt likely notice it. Honda Cleared the code and if it doesnt come back, that should be the end of it.
    -2012 Civic EX Sedan-
    -Polished Metal Metallic-
    9thGen Member ID: 969

mine came on once along with power steering light and VSA light......this was after messing with my intake though...idk if its a coincidence or not...drove it for a mile shut it off and thye went away...weird
    2015 SI Sedan OFP

Check engine/ VSA / Emissions / Power Steering

While driving home tonight through some nasty snow squalls my check ABS, VSA, and Power Steering lights came on shortly after turning a corner. Everything seemed to be working fine so I continued on. When I got home and turned the car off I heard a whiring noise coming from the engine compartment, it was coming from what looked like a pump behind the passenger side headlight beside the washer fill cap. Anybody know whats going on, this is a 7 month old 2012 Civic EX-L with 30k.
    Digger likes this.

when driving it again, check if the lights on comes back or if the noise is still there. Maybe take it to the dealer

Belt got wet maybe?
    2012 Civic Si Coupe CBP

Freedom and Liberty For ALL! (some restrictions apply, must be over 18, not available in some states)

K24Z7 Crew Member #30
    High Milers Club Founding Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)