ABS VSA and Power Steering warning lights
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ABS VSA and Power Steering warning lights

Greenhorn

ABS VSA and Power Steering warning lights

I have 5300 miles on a 2013 civic. While coasting to a stop in dry conditions with my foot on the brake i felt and heard what I believe was the ABS engage once. What i mean by this is there was one vibration not the rapid repeating sound and vibration I have experienced when the ABS is engaged in slippery conditions. The ABS system has never engaged since I have had this car. The single vibration then happened several more times under the same conditions after which the ABS VSA and Power steering warning lights came on. The warning lights have gone off and back on 3 times since. The car currently sits at the dealer awaiting diagnosis. Any thoughts? I'm pretty disappointed to have problems with such a new Honda, not what I have come to expect in 24 years of Honda ownership!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

It could be a low voltage issue caused by a bad battery which has happened to others. These cars are very sensitive to having the proper voltage range or all kinda warning lights come on as well as odd symptoms.
    2012 Civic Si Coupe CBP

Freedom and Liberty For ALL! (some restrictions apply, must be over 18, not available in some states)

K24Z7 Crew Member #30
    High Milers Club Founding Member

Could be a wheel speed sensor too. It could be making the car think one or more of the wheels are on the verge of locking (which would, in turn, engage ABS), and because VSA utilizes the ABS system it would cause warnings for all ABS related safety systems.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)