No response from car when I switch ignition
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No response from car when I switch ignition

Big Pimping!!!

No response from car when I switch ignition

Ok, a friend of mine and I installed my KW SC kit. It requires a battery relocation to the top of my engine bay. I believe that negative charge was touching the top of my engine bay when I turned ignition. When I turned ignition as it should my car responded with lights and imid screen, then seemed to die. I tried to crank it up and nothing, lights inside the car didnt work, it didnt turn on, even my key to open trunk didn't open trunk.

Could I have drained the battery out? What else could it be? Everything else was plugged back in before i tried to turn on, except fuel injectors which werent plugged in cause I was adding oil to my rotrex, which in directions requires them to be out. When we tried to take the battery out, it made a little spark.
    Any ideas what happen?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Check fuse, swap a new battery

Then see what happens next, if still the same, you need to bring your car to a dealer

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Big Pimping!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by team3d View Post
    Check fuse, swap a new battery

Then see what happens next, if still the same, you need to bring your car to a dealer

Ah thanks. I hope its just battery. I'm sure the dealer would have a field day at my new car with a SC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)