New 2015 Orange Fire Pearl Civic Si sedan....
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New 2015 Orange Fire Pearl Civic Si sedan....

New 2015 Orange Fire Pearl Civic Si sedan....

Howdy.

I ended up purchasing a 2015 Orange Fire Pearl Civic Si sedan last night, after going back and forth about it for a few weeks. Previously, I have owned an '04 Civic Si hatch, '07 Civic Si coupe, and 2011 Civic Si sedan (as part of the 20 cars I have had so far). I traded in a 2014 VW Jetta GLI for the new Honda (long story, which I won't bore anyone with). I was missing Honda a little and wanted something more playful, more straightforward (NA engine, mechanical LSD, tight handling, and sharper steering).

I looked long and hard at the new WRX, the Focus ST, and the new GTI (which really seems like a great all-around car). I didn't like the WRX really at all, surprisingly (I owned 4 of them in the past). The Focus drove well but I didn't like the interior, the feel of the car, or the build quality. The GTI was pretty great in all areas and had sharp handling a lot of torque, but I just needed a change and some time away from Volkswagen.

So, here I am with a new Civic Si. I was really excited about the purchase until my long drive home, which brought to light a small issue for me. I didn't realize the cabin was as loud as it appears to be. I test drove the car and several other Si's before buying the car, but I guess the drives were not long enough to raise an issue. I had an injury to my left ear a few years ago and now it is really sensitive to sound and pressure (to the point it swells up, turns red, hurts a lot, and reduces my hearing). I didn't think the car was that loud stock (especially coming from cars with modded with exhausts and engine/transmission mounts, but I guess that was a few years ago now). It sucks, I was so excited to get this car and to make the change from the Volkswagen and now I am right back into having an issue/problem with only having owned the car one day so far.

I ended up ordering some sound deadening material/mats to try and see if that helps, but I can't believe this (I guess I can, because this seems to be the only way things work out for me, always an issue). I'm hoping the sound deadening will help and my ear will adjust, but who knows........I just bought the car and had intended to keep it for at least three years. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears.......

Outside of all that, my two and half year-old son loves the color. I don't plan on modding the car much, if at all (oh, how many times I have said that going into a new car purchase.......). Already ordered a trunk mat, Strut King dead pedal, and the sound deadening materal. After that will probably be all-season rubber floor mats and splash guards (dang, I'm getting old). Sometime in the future I will probably get some chassis bracing (Tanabe under brace, maybe a strut tower brace....more for fun than anything), maybe a Progress adjustable rear sway bar, and an AFE drop-in panel air filter.

Well, thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

I hope the sound deadening material helps you out. Sucks about your ear. I'm sure you've gone to see an ENT about this right? Is there nothing they can do?
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #52!
    2013 "Awesomesauce" Civic Si Sedan w/ Navigation
    Hidden Content

Cell phone pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 2015 Orange Fire Pearl Civic Si sedan....-20150225_090339_1424886339848.jpg  
    NSWDoc and MaNiAcK like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Nice color choice and welcome.

Two more cell shots:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 2015 Orange Fire Pearl Civic Si sedan....-civic-si-21.jpg   New 2015 Orange Fire Pearl Civic Si sedan....-civic-si31.jpg  
    FuelInMyVeins, NSWDoc and Starfire like this.

One Bad Mama Jama!!! FuelInMyVeins's Avatar
    Sh!t I regret not getting 4 door Si.

Welcome WES! Hope it works out for you my friend
    '12 Si Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Xtelotatichl View Post
    I hope the sound deadening material helps you out. Sucks about your ear. I'm sure you've gone to see an ENT about this right? Is there nothing they can do?
    Been to 3 different ENTs, no luck with any of them. Just spent $200 on sound deadening, they day after buying a new car. Hope it is enough. Missing my VW at this point, unfortunately.......
    Last edited by Wesker; 02-25-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Loving the color! Coming from a Hyundai veloster turbo, this thing is as quiet as a Cadillac. lol Good luck!

Truck? What truck?! scottyrocks's Avatar
    It could be the tires. Which ones did the car come with?

A simple change of tires could make a world of difference.
    'Three pedals or bust!'
    'Come for the cars. Stay for the people.'
    'Part of having the right to free speech is knowing when to not exercise it.'
    ‘Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.’
    9th Gen Civic POP Crew #6 Hidden Content
    9th Gen Civic LI Crew#1 Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)