New member from Houston
  1. Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation – General discussion forum for 9th Gen Civic

Welcome to 9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation - a website dedicated to all things 9th Gen Civic.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join 9th Gen Civic today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member from Houston

Greenhorn

New member from Houston

Hey guys. So, I'm new to the whole civic scene. About three weeks ago I bought a 2012 Honda Civic coupe EX with Navigation, and so far, I'm absolutely loving it!

I really don't understand all the hate for this car. For months I planned on getting the new 2012 Focus hatchback. I test drove the new Elantra, the Focus, and the Cruze. At first, I had no intention of buying the new Civic, but the day before I set out to buy the Focus, I decided to give the Civic a test drive. I immediately fell in love. For me, the Civic felt like a much more solid vehicle all the way around. I felt like it drove better, the ride was smoother, and I'm a huge fan of the interior (I'm a tech geek. So being surrounded by multiple screens is a positive for me). I honestly think that some of these car reviewers didn't even bother to drive the **** car!

Anyway, here are some pics of my car. Windows will be tinted tomorrow!

2. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

Welcome, and I completely agree. The two tier cluster and information screen, makes me feel like I'm flying a space craft rather then a car. Can't wait.

Big Pimping!!! stringfellowhawke's Avatar
    Welcome and I agree. I personally feel like I'm driving a new version of KITT from Knight Rider. lol
    Its true a lot of the people writing negative reviews dont test drive it at all or they dont test drive it correctly, meaning they just take it for a drive on a short course in a parking lot around cones instead of on an actual road and some are just from personal opinions and nothing more.
    2012 Honda Civic LX
    Dyno Blue Pearl

5. Remove Advertisements
    9th Civic
    Advertisements

welcome and congrats. i'm hoping to get just about the exact model so i would like to know how much you payed otd. response much appreciated

Greenhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_tth View Post
    welcome and congrats. i'm hoping to get just about the exact model so i would like to know how much you payed otd. response much appreciated
    When I got to the dealership, they had a bunch of dealer adds on the car. The sticker price was somewhere around $25,400! After a lot of negotiating, I got them down to the MSRP price ($22,750), and I got the $7,000 I wanted for my trade in. I know that someone shouldn't brag about paying full MSRP, but since the car is so new, I realize that there aren't many dealers willing to budge underneath that. Plus, it didn't help that they had the only EX with Navigation within a 300 mile radius.

9thgen's Official E-thug CivicMx's Avatar
    Nice ride and good choice... your behind will thank you a few years down the road and xxxx k miles later that you bought the HONDA and not the ford, hundai or anything else for that matter

One Bad Mama Jama!!!
    Welcome to the 9th!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)